1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Evo Sp Rebuild.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Mar 29, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. Cheers. Its been quite a slog but, hopefully it should stay like that now given all the coatings...!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Absolutely beautiful. :upyeah::motorcycleduc:

3. Looks smashing. :upyeah:

4. Thanks. Most of it is down to my Cerakoting guy Dave Rowe (im sure he'll be happy of the plug) He runs his own company Tech Coat. Specializes mainly in firearms. He's down my neck of the woods in a small village called Rooksbridge just outside of Bristol. My bike is the first bike he's done as it were. He's a one man band and, to that end makes him very accountable for his work (ie if he gets it wrong he doesnt eat at its most basic i suppose). Plus, i think his lock up is just across from his house which has been invaluable for me, as i can drop off parts at pretty well any time of the day, or the weekend as im not far away. Once the hyper is taxed and mot'd (and i recover from it financially ill be resting up the zed for some coating work to be done) the exhaust being the first off the bat...

His number is 07900 314833 - cheers Dave, top job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok, bit of a report on my first full day out on it. Started to wind on the throttle a fair bit now....

1. Definately more shove. Pins you to the back of the seat....mind you ive not given it " full beans " yet as it were...
    2. Smoother to ride...not just the motor but suspension travel...i suspect thats where the rear swing arm was out. All the bushes were degreased, clean and regreased...all the sleeves were too.
    3. This is the most surprising....fuel. I left my house yesterday, full tank brimming. Went down to my mates place in Staverton, Somerset, half of the way i wasnt hanging around. From there, up to Castle Coombe. End of the day, back directly into Bristol, again, really not hanging around. Back to the filling station i filled up at. Prices are quite high at the moment. £8.36. On past journeys, id have expected to burn through half the tank at least....amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That looks phenomenal, what was the damage for the ceramic coating :)

7. Not ceramic. Cerakote. I had the headers done on my rsv4 a few years back ( ceramic ). They lasted about 2 weeks before they got dirty and then that dirt literally baked itself on...so far ive almost made point of getting the hyper motor dirty....getting it heated up, letting it cool down and then giving it a wipe...comes up clean.

8. Ah ok, my mistake. I thought it was a ceramic coating.
    Is it a costly process

9. Thats ok...( they sound the same but are quite different )....for the engine, pipe and a few other bits about 700. Most of the cost is in the masking off and blasting...

#170 comfysofa, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. What do you think the cost of pipework alone would be

11. From my guy....he did actually break that bit down...about 70 quid. Thats headers only.

12. Wow wow and wow love it!! Remember you told me you had a Hyper Evo Comfysofa but didnt realize it was this epic! Ive just bought a 1100 S and will be painting the engine and getting the casings Cerakoted. New build series incoming :)

13. Heh - yeah - and thats just the motor..! Its quite extensively modified (a lot of it not dont by me) but, its taken almost the same amount of work to tidy it up as its had (from recollection) 5 owners. Ive done a few You tube vids recently on my z1000 as some people on the forum im on want to know the ins and outs of the mods done which is understandable (sometimes you watch a video and the finer points have not been mentioned and if someone is wanting to mod their bike that theyve never tackled before...y'need to know everything).....ive got one question.....

How the fuck do you find the time to do all of that - the videos, (im assuming im talking to the same lambChops) the editing (ive not idea how to use editing software..atall but it looks like it soaks up loads of time), the trips abroad etc etc and obviously have a job.....and stay married....

14. Yeah your hard work has certainly paid off looks amazing, now you have set the benchmark so high Im never going to be able to compete with that :)

Yeah is hard finding time to do the vids and everything, thankfully I do really enjoy the editing part of it or would never still be doing this as thats where 90% of the time goes! I do work from home so can sneak a lunchtime editing session sometimes which does help :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meh - in some ways the series one is/would be more fun to mod......im on my 3rd hyper now - the 1st one was an S...
    IMG_2667.JPG
    If was going from scratch - definately motogadget wiring and accessories across the board. Up to date paint job (i do like the red white and grey)....

I look forward to the incoming vids....you gonna keep this one for more than a month?!

One of the last things i did to mine was fit a running light mod. Strip the standard handguards apart and theres a lad in sweden that does a custom board which replaces the stock indicators so you get white led running lights in the handguards which automaticaly switch off when the indicators go on....very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Any long term updates on Hyper's rebuild please?

17. Not sure what you mean.....its running, its working. Not had an issue since... :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information