1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Oil Lines.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Apr 24, 2017.

1. As above - continuing the fettling the oil lines on my 1100 have seen better days...well, all the days thats its out are better days but as per usual everything that comes on a duc rusts as soon as it hits the outside air....id like to replace the lines with new ones....the old ones dont leak. They just look shit. So, assuming a set of new lines from Ducati will go the same way is there anyone that sells a quality stainless item that wont turn to shite as soon as it rains...

2. Aren't they stainless, have they rusted?

3. No - just a coating....yes theyve rusted alright! - ive not got a pic but ill put one up later on tonight...Ducati 2nd rate coatings coming into force again...im assuming, hoping that the fitting is generic so i can contact a hydraulic hose manufacturer and get some made....that last....

4. Did you ever find any hoses? Mine have seen better days aswell.

5. No...but I did chat to a bloke at Goodrich who said they could be made up....next oil change they're coming off and getting sent up to him...!

• Like Like x 1
  6. How was TT?

7. Mixed.... Good in that 4 of us went (my mate I usually go with) and 2 friends that had never been before... Not necessarily in order....

1. Weather was ok.... There 4 days... 2of them were shit...
    2. One that hadn't come before came off at gooseneck... Slow speed but enough to put him in the house we were staying in on ice packs for most of the time... And he was on a borrowed bike!
    3. The other mate drove so slow everywhere we couldnt do as much.... Even lorry's, car and caravans were leaving us on the motorway there and back.
    4. Italian day was cancelled.
    5. Booked for next year just the two of us but got shit dates so will have to keep logging on every day to try to move them...
    6. Pissed on all the way home.... At 60mph....

Hopefully better next year...

8. Um, doesn't sound amazing..... I guess a bad day at the island is better than a good day at the office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah - the whole thing was a bit frustrating....hopefully back to normal service next year....just the 2 of us going again..while we don't drive like nutcases where we shouldn't we ride to the surroundings and the traffic...ie if we're travelling and need to get a move on, we do....if we need to get somewhere on the island and we're behind if we can, we do....my mate would not, he didn't care about anyone else travelling with him. Infuriating for me as I kinda felt responsible for all of us and didn't want him to get lost but was trying to keep everyone happy at the same time. When we got up in the morning id try to get everyone moving so we could get out but then got a barrage of piss taking, my new nickname is "arkela".....so, we get out late and then one starts moaning cos we cant get to the mountain before the roads get closed....I cant win!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Having said that he said he enjoyed himself thoroughly! Having said that off of the bikes I don't think ive laughed that much for ages (banter and pisstaking) so not all bad!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. FWIW - When I bought my HM1100S the 2 steel oil lines were rusty. I polished them with a bit of Autosol (5 minutes max) and they've been good for a year and a half.

12. FWIW - When I bought my HM1100S the 2 steel oil lines were rusty. I polished them with a bit of Autosol (5 minutes max) and they've been good for a year and a half.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Some of the rust came off but they are just plated - when the plating comes off theyre mild steel behind - which then rusts...

14. If you are going to be ordering any - let me know mine are in a similar state!!

15. Ordered and here!.....took about 10 days to turn up...went on the recommendation - ordered some Frentubo lines from Omnia racing in italy...

20171130_132450.jpg 20171130_132455.jpg 20171130_132503.jpg 20171130_132511.jpg

#15 comfysofa, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Are those ally connectors?
    If so, be very, very careful with them as they are known to rot and break apart!
    I have a video somewhere of some similar brake lines that I will try and find and post up; a slight tug with a spanner to get them undone and they fall apart!

17. Funnily enough i asked this very question before i purchased....i asked for stainless....Omnia said Frentubo didnt supply any fittings in stainless as it reacted with the rad....im not qualified to tell them what they should and should not be using so, ive gone with it....ill put it up on my fettling thread - if i can find it!

18. Ooh they look sexy!! I like those!!

Think they'll be fine - the oil lines on my race car had ally connectors - never had a problem with them!

19. Oh but be gentle with the spanner when tightening - the anodising can mark or scratch off :-(

Do you have a part No for them - i can only find Radiator lines? Are these the oil lines or water?

20. Yep - theyre nice but what would have been nicer is fucking ducati hadnt penny pinched and used hoses "inspired by stainless" and actually fucking used stainless.... :) front barrel is the next thing in the firing line...as it literally is...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information