1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 950 Test

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by duke63, Jan 27, 2019.

1. The 950 seems to be the better value bike unless you intending using it mainly on a track.

2. The SP cost premium is a bargain when you consider the cost to add down quickshift, lighter wheels, and Ohlins, which are far more than bling components, they really offer enhanced experience in the ride. IMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I plan on getting the SP, not planning on going on tracks either.
    I like the upgrades on the SP. I came from a motocross background and really understand how certain upgrades and setup can influence the overall ride.
    I don’t plan on going racing or anything, but when I want or need the extra ride cushion and overall handling, traction and to have more options with suspension and such, I know the SP will have it for me to access it.
    Plus , I like the look of the SP better.

I know that if I settle on the standard one , I will regret it later.

It’s kind of like when you buy a car without extra’s and after driving it for a while you then sit in one with all the bells and whistles. That’s when you wish you would have gone with the other.

Just my personal opinion, I understand that not everyone is willing to pay more, but for those who are in the midst of trying to decide between one or the other , I would think carefully so that whatever you decide is the correct choice.

#23 jose, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. I think it's that the standard bike represents exceptional value that makes the choice difficult. Personally the only thing the cheaper bike lacks is the quickshifter.

5. I think the suspension on the SP has more setting options.
    The tyres on the SP have better traction.
    Rims are lighter.

Just these alone make a huge difference in how it handles and feels.

If you noticed on some reviews, after they ride the standard and switch to the SP , they all say the SP is a better handling bike. That’s not to say the the standard lacks any handling caractorics but the SP is superior in this respect.
    I think this has to do with the suspension setup options, the lighter rims and tyres that have a nasty grip.

#25 jose, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  6. Why would you even entertain the thought of the lower model, you’d only be wishing you’d bit the bullet later on.
    Öhlins,DQS, Marchesini’s and a nicer paint job. Long term it’s the better buy.

7. I totally get it, but some people can only afford the standard which is still a great choice.
    Originally, I really liked the Hypermotard for what it is, and was looking to buy the standard. The more I read and researched the model, it was definitely clear to me that the SP was the only way to go for me.

8. I wonder how high wheelie control will let you wheelie on its lowest setting? Imagine being able to pull the perfect wheelie without the chance of ever flipping it... If that were the case, I think I'd buy the bike on that reason alone ;)

9. Great question, I would like to know myself.

10. Loving the look of the 950. Couldn’t justify 14k on a new SP but give it 12 months and they will be an attractive used purchase.

11k for the stocker and no blipper or QS... Come on Ducati..

#31 Jimmy899, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  11. 16.4k for the SP with termi system. That’s big bucks but I still want it o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That’s the cost of a fully loaded SuperDuke R!

I’m definitely learning to resist the initial temptation to get a much better deal down the line. I’ve still not managed to do it, but I’m learning :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. An ex demo with an extended warranty and then the termi system added should be around the same price as a new SP I’m thinking. That’s how I’ll look to get one and save a couple of grand.

14. NY, USA, dealer told me they will be in stock in a week or two.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information