1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard As A Commuter And Weekend Blast Bike..

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Lyndon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. I've spoke with people who got 1 as a 2nd bike to pani',but then the pani never got rode,for uk roads the hyper is awesome bike. I've had sports bikes for the last 20 years and I'm not missing them. Only thing I'd want extra is a q/s

• Like Like x 1
  2. Healtech will work... Got one on my 1100...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Havn't rode the Hyper but supermotos in general are awesome for commuting. All the high up advantages of Adventure bikes but nice and small and not the size of the moon. Not great for going long distance at high speeds but perfect for dodging traffic and the twisties.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Been looking at them,but no listing for 939hyper just 821. I've asked if it would work but won't guarantee it.

5. I dont see how it cant....the qs is as good as totally detatched from the bike from an electrical point of view (the only connection is to the coils to cut the power and unload the gearbox). everything else is between the app on the phone and the qs itself. Speak to wemoto (James Hillier) - im pretty sure he would say the same thing....keep all the packaging and if it doesnt work send it back. When i was getting mine sorted out there was an issue with the cut test which didnt work (but ironically it didnt stop the qs working when i ran it so they sent me a couple of spares just incase something was faulty). Ive not tried the cut test since but when i have logged back into the healtech its done a few firmware updates.

6. Cool,I'll ask,was going to ask Ducati as the new SS uses the 939 engine and has a q/s if that could be made to fit.

7. Im pretty sure that i could take mine from my 1100 and fit it straight to yours....qs's are very generic....the one on my z1000 gen 4 comes from the previous generation zx-10r - all i needed was a slightly shorted shiftbar.

If it wasnt for the very short linkage id say you could even use a factory qs and then find someone that can reflash the ecu to enable qs within that....thats how i did my rsv4 factory (its the pre electronics model) the qs unit itself comes from the rs125 and only other thing is the qs software is enabled in the ecu....

8. That's the problem with the hyper,the shift bar is tiny hence why the healtech q/s is probably best.

9. yep - thats the conclusion i came to.....when i was having problems with mine (and they werent really problems) Healtech and James were incredibly helpful....if anything they'd probably stick their necks out more for you as if it does work they'll only sell more of them as its another bike that can be added to their list of compatible bikes....

10. Remember that 939sp in the fast group at Brands last October. He was kicking arse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. That could be the same person that SimonT saw....he was on a Panigale doing a track day (he usually resides in the fast group) and apparently there was a hyper that was shifting....so much so he went out and bought an sp himself!! - ive yet to see it but i might see him (and it) tomorrow...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mega!!!!!

13. You cannot compare the hyper with any sports bike . Different smiles for different miles .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'll look after the 1299 for you for a maximum of 6 months if you want. Mates rates.

16. Kind, that's what I like about this forum :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well when the light went on id put 2.7gal in but its a 4.2gal tank im still tryin to find out how far i can go before bone dry...yea i do 36miles each way, its awsm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information