1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard - Future Classics?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Apr 28, 2018.

1. IMG_7680.JPG Said DP rearsets:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I do miss my old 796 hyper was good fun.

3. I like those....alot....can you still attach the rear pegs to them??

4. Yes, stock passenger footrests bolt on ;)

5. Right - so - where do i get them from??

6. No idea, as they are obsolete

7. Thought as much....have to keep my eye out...cheers for the pic though....lovely...

8. IMG_7679.JPG
    They feel really nice. More ground clearance and less weight. I pretty much bought a whole bike on the strength of my desire for a set of these... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I don't know if you need racing pedigree to become a classic. A 900 Superlight would now be considered a classic by most and the prices reflect it... Yet they were built for the road, not just as homologation specials.
    If you want some pedigree though, a Hyper1100s was the first ever Ducati to win at Pikes Peak. Yet the multi get's all the glory :p

Time is a funny thing, I'm sure with the likes of the 851 and 888 around, the Superlight wasn't seen as an exotic at the time? I wasn't around then though, so maybe someone a little older could wade in...?

The more run of the mill SS bikes don't get the same attention, the extra bling of the Superlight sets it apart. Perhaps the Hyper SP might be the same in a couple of decades? Unlike the 'S' versions of most models, it's got quite a lot of extra fancyness going on. Carbon belt covers, magnesium valve covers, forged wheels and the Ohlins that changes the physical stance of the bike.

It's hard to picture something as modern as the Hypers becoming a 'classic' but looking way ahead, collectors do often like an oddball.
    I think you're right about longevity though, Hyper's aren't bought as garage ornaments, so it's unlikely many will remain in spotless condition.

#29 Joooooooosh, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I didn’t realise the Hypermotard was the first Ducati to win at the Pikes Peak!

Found a good onboard video on YouTube.

I dont think the Hyper will ever be a classic. But that doesn’t bother me though. As long as it puts a big grin on my face. I’ll keep it for a good few years.:D:heart::motorcycleduc:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information