1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Wheelie Crash

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Lazza, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Apologies - Misleading title - no crash!

When i pull a sneaky little wheelie (on private road) i find that my 1100 lands with quite a severe 'clunk' so much that i think my forks are bottoming out - never happened on my KTM. Yes i could be better at wheelieing and some landings are better (softer) than others - but this bike really crashes down hard!! Worst one was yesterday - really loud bang on landing - can't be good! Mate has same bike and said he found it same - and he is much better than me on one wheel!! We both just upgraded from KTM 690 supermotos, which were just a hoot to wheelie everywhere, and never had this 'bottoming pout' feel on landing! The hyper lifts really well, but coming down i no likey! Can you beef up the compression without compromising the road handling?

Do any other Hyper owners on here find this? OR should i just grow up and ride normally! :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Usually Ducati Hypermotards are the staple for city commuters, so I guess they don't see too much mono wheeling.

Wheelies on KTM's however, are usually carried out by Super-Retards, in built up areas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Why are you wheeli-ing like some crazy child?

4. Apparently i am some kind of super-retard, wheelie crazy kid, yes!!

Tho i try and avoid built up areas - and stick to the odd deserted country lane!

Tho my state of mind and social stability aside - has anyone else had similar problems, or do you all just pootle along with two wheels very much on the ground!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Crazy answers to the question. It's based on a Supermoto, albeit a bit heavier, the whole point of them is skids, wheelies and big smiles! Sorry dont have an answer for your question Lazza!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. At last - thanks @royalwithcream no worries - at least you spotted the question!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Send a strongly worded email to ducati uk, they'll rectify this in a jiffy, ask for Testa di Cazzo, he'll sort it
    The machine is clearly unfit for purpose
    HTH

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. technique is poor

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1

10. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes my technique is pretty poor but if anything it's improved and the ktm didn't complain as much! Tho mate is great at the wheelies and he finds the hyper lands harshly! Must be the extra weight and soft forks?

12. Wish I could do proper wheelies, I know its not big and it's not clever but I'm childish like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Me too! Mate can go all way up the box on back wheel but finds it can come down quite hard in comparison, I've had nice gentle landings but less so on the hyper! Any other hooligans on here had similar?? No? Saintly bunch on here today!

14. If you want to wheelie get yourself a unicycle. IMG_1656.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. That's two posts now Cameltoe and neither have been amusing or insightful!
    Have u not a neighbourhood watch to get back to?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I love it. Not really tried on the mew multi yet, but the last one was mega for such a big bike. I'm an on-the-power guy, so no real control then try and just and go up the box and ride it out. Never once managed to hold on balance point...too much of a pussy...mind you the 1000ds multi was as close as I ever got...

17. If you get a wheel off the floor for a mere milli second or micron of travel it is indeed a 'proper wheelie' - so you can do 'proper wheelies' what you are doing is 'really shit proper wheelies' which I also excel at. In fact I've done better on the front wheel than the rear I think :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Ignore them and keep wheelieing until you flip it!!! Actually dont do that it hurts..........

• Like Like x 1
  19. yep,,, just get on the Sydenham by Pass and let it rip :upyeah::Woot:

20. :imp:
    Do I know you? :fearscream:
    Would not, could not, on syd bypass - but I do like that Holywood exchange lol!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information