1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Wheelie Crash

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Lazza, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mine go up ok, it's the coming down I was asking about!!!

2. Had the multi front wheel up, or at least light on the suspension.....frightens the bloody life out of me!

3. Keep it up longer, comes down really gently above the ton, aero cushion... What speed/gear u coming down with a crash? I too had ktm690 previously so can compare to the hyp1100

4. Check/adjust front suspension settings... sounds like compression damping is out

• Like Like x 1
  5. no you wont know me ( i dont expect anyway ) , tho have worked in H&W many times over the years ( last year most recent ) and know Belfast / NI pretty well,, been to NW2000 and others few times,, actually worked beside one of Joeys ( yer maun ) brothers / cousins ? at one time. anyway,, wheelie on mate..:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  6. At last, Thank you @nelly knew someone would have an idea without tutting!

7. Cheers - I'm only a 2nd gear man haven't managed to get into 3rd yet - it just doesn't land as softly as ktm! Which as it's heavy you'd expect but it's the noise, heavy clank, I thought I'd broke something. Low power wheelies are fine but if it's up there, i.e. I felt the rear tuck under a bit last week and panicked and shut off - not nice! If still accelerating, it comes down ok, it's when u have to drop it.

8. Think I'll just have to refrain from childish behaviour - concentrate on backing it in and stoppies! :sunglasses: :tongueclosed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. First gear, 25mph, shut and snap open throttle, hit second as soon as it raises then if bottle holds on my last multi I could get thru 4th before it ran out and came down softly. No control but f*ck yeah fun !!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Check your headraces aren't a little bit loose, you'll be lunching them if they are!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm thinking of a 939sp,sole purpose to be a hoonigan,really tempted by the 690 but don't think it would be good for some distance.

12. That's it in a nutshell! I loved the 640 & 690 ktms - brilliant for a tit about, but not good for any distance, thought hyper would be best of both worlds but doesn't make me grin as much as the ktm supermoto, yet, 690 used to make me laugh out loud, quite often! It's early days I'm sure it'll grow on me!

13. Also check engine mounting bolts - big twin vibration and wheelies are a good recipe for loosening things..

14. 1st sounds like a recipie for disaster, possible loop scenario!
    I only ever use 2nd to get it up, much smoother than 1st & easier to modulate angle, full throttle from about 3500 & wait for it to lift then control angle & just change up through the box as normal, still accelerating all the while, be careful 4th & 5th landing as front feels like it wants to wash out, avoid cross winds...
    What gearing you running?

15. Im running std front & 41 rear on my evo

16. @HYPERBIMDUKE as u are the only other one on here to openly admit to hoisting a wheel - do any of ur landings feel hard with a clank or u just float them down each and every time?? I def though my forks bottomed out last time!

17. That was standard gearing, always done it that way, probably always will, don't use clutch and I'm in second as its rising

18. only one?!

only time mine ever 'clunked' is if i lost my bottle and hit the rear brake or shut the gas, then it comes down too heavy.

Have to say I DONT do it on my new multi...I bought the one rather than PCP ;)

19. Oops sorry @bradders you do too!! Would've thought more hyper owners on here might've popped the odd wheelie!

Yes it's when I shut throttle it comes down hard, ktm landed much softer.

20. Generally just float down, not had to use rear brake or clutch it down, if you think you're going over the back you are generally a fair bit away, it's in the head, compared to the 690smc the hyp is less flighty & a bit heavier, always do on power alone,much safer, i think i got to a around 115 once but landing was interesting as front wheel felt like it took 200yrds to get up to speed, could have washed out
    sideways i guess...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information