1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotards You Have My Attention..

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by andyb, Dec 17, 2018.

1. help and ideas..
    5K on a 1100s
    or
    12K on a 939sp

2. 1100 good ol grunt!

3. Because it looks soooo much better and it’s the Ducati forum so we’re all into vanity or else we’d all be riding pre 1200 multistrada :confounded:

4. Hyper with 95hp and the back wheel and 76ft sure is fun i can tell u ... no aching back or wrist either ... mines for sale :tired_face: see sale section ...

5. 1100s air cooled, dry clutch, no aids, 90hp 76 torques
    939sp water cooled, wet clutch, all singing dancing, 114 hp 71 torques

6. shame cos you are near me...but too many miles, and i dont like the red subframe, sorry.

7. I swapped to a 939sp tard this year, it’s a lot of fun.
    Great looking bike. :upyeah:

8. did you swap from a 1100?

9. 899, moved away from sports bike to something more suited to street riding. It’s proper good fun as a B road blaster.
    I’ve got the Aprilia for track riding and the hyper for road.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a 796 hyper was a great bike just as quick as the 1100 on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a K16 GT Sport for my touring and for any significant mileage I need to do. I have the 939SP for pure fun. And that is exactly what it delivers. That said, I find the riding position all day comfortable too, so for me the 939SP is a real hoot. I haven't ridden the 1100S, and my last Ducati was the 1200 Enduro Pro, so I can't really comment regarding your choices.

12. I sold mine as I found the riding position to much like hard work at speed, sold it for my 1198 sooooo much better for me.

13. Theres gotta be cost difference there too....that has to be factored in....if you offered me the 2 id take the 939 (owning an 1100evo sp) but if the 1100 i suspect is a fraction of the price of the 939 id take that as theres loads of tinkering to be had....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 5k versus 12k

eight years different age 3000 miles different

15. sorry - thought you were talking miles.....1100 then...all the way...but thats me...some people prefer state of the art...as im not "state of the art" id go for the more engaging ride...

16. 100% agree. Not knocking the 939 but the 1100 is just fantastically alive in a way the 939 never will be. That said I`m sure the 939 is better in pretty much all quantifiable areas.

17. The weight is a big thing.....a stock 1100s is something like 175kg's....you could easily knock 10-15 kilos off of that once modded....against an already porky 200 plus kilos....makes the old hyper a fair bit of fun....i totally hear the "well, the service intervals on the newer stuff are a lot less"....but, for me...stripping the clutch for its 1000 mile service is therapy....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information