1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperstrada - North Coast 500

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Robarano, Jul 19, 2019.

1. just pour a box of DAZ over yourself when you get to carlisle. its pishing down.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Should have done it on the way up o_O

Only really rained once, but there was a fret in the air for half the journey and the roads were soaking. Then 1 mile later, glorious sunshine and bone dry. :confused:

Weird place. :innocent:

Filled up in a garage in Culloden and I genuinely couldn’t understand a word the bloke behind the counter said. o_O

12A38DF7-C8C2-4318-AEF8-E725F2FAFBEC.jpeg

9C66357C-6108-4B1F-82D2-8C08311182D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oi @finm is Scoth lectrickery the same as the good English stuff or am I going to do damage? o_O

E587AD39-82F3-44CE-A748-64F906BD4025.jpeg

4. Let us know when you set off :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. is it the same lecky? no, i dont think so. we pay more for transmission charges than across the border. so maybe its a special kind of 50hz.
    dont use it.

6. Shit, how do I get it back out? o_O

7. hmm, have you set it to vibrate?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roger :) :upyeah:

9. Ordered genuine Scottish beer battered haddock in the pub. :yum I can tell it’s genuine Scottish as it stuck it fingers up at me o_O

B383A930-CAB7-403A-B612-AA58619E98EB.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. That's a giant lobster claw dude :eyes:

11. Or a human hand. They’re all like this up here :confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Hang on a god dam fishfinger picking minute - you have set off haven't you :eek:

13. :no_mouth:

14. Never got a chance to post yesterday. Stayed in Drumbeg (after leaving Dingwall, going via John o’ Groats and the north coast) with no t’interwebs access :cool: and a tremendous gin bar :yum so I may have had a few. For anyone that hadn’t been this far north I thoroughly recommend it :upyeah: Some of the B roads are just single tracks with passing places for 70-80 miles. It’s almost a disappointment when you hit an A road, which anywhere else would be marvellous.

B84CA74E-B7E3-4C71-8651-48BBF8A3A26D.jpeg

BDF8D704-95E5-4F6C-B9A5-7389FF79FC64.jpeg

Fuel stops have been no issue and it’s readilly available. :upyeah:

Weather has been great with only a thunderstorm before I set off this morning looking dodgy. Thankfully it cleared while I had brekkie. :splat: 24 degrees early on this morning :) :sun:

67CD9FA5-B98D-4933-BB9B-3D703FDB0BD0.jpeg

The only exception being the run over to Applecross when visibility dropped to non existent over the top. On the way up a German couple on a GS flagged me down and told me to turn back as visibility was down to 10m o_O they were being generous as it couldn’t have been more than 5m :worried: at least I enjoyed the view back over as I saw nothing on n the way there!

F75B6F25-3EBC-43A4-AC03-40BE84DA4216.jpeg

Digs in Glencoe now and have a 300 mile run home tomorrow :)

I always said that Italy was my 2nd favourite place to ride after Switzerland, but this is just as good when you get the weather and heat :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  15. you will be enjoying the sunset. i am, and yer only 5mins from where i am sitting now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ah, that's where you both got to :thinkingface:

17. You’re a lucky man to have this on your doorstep @finm :upyeah:

I guess the weather isn’t always like this though :) :splat: :splat: :splat:

18. I haven’t left yet :no_mouth:

19. Dam :no_mouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. good job, can you imagine staring out an office window everyday, daydreaming and wishing you where out on two wheels doing yer best on yer favorite twisties?. the upshot is can pick and chose my days. and tbh, between end of march to the end of june that weather is the norm. with still plenty of hot summer days left between now and October.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information