1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperstrada - North Coast 500

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Robarano, Jul 19, 2019.

1. They know the old saying about getting 'Blood out of a Yorkshireman' :rolleyes: They know when they are beat. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. May 2020 it is then :upyeah:. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. You'll love it Paul. :)

Good luck with the weather. :sun:

I did it in 4 days, but 5 would have been better if you want to take in more sights. I got a lot of miles in each day. :motorcycleduc: But then I had to get up from the North East and back as part of my trip too which you don't have if you are getting the ferry over.

Day 1 - Wallsend - Kielder - Peebles - Breamar - Tomitoul - Ferness - Culloden Moor - Dingwall.png

Day 2 - Dingwall - Glenmorangie - John o Groats - Thurso - Smoo Cave - Drumbeg.png

Day 3 - Drumbeg - Clashnessie - Inverkirkaig - Mungasdale - Taagan - Applecross - Glencoe.png

Day 4 - Glencoe - Benderoch - Duck Bay - Fintry - Balgrochan - Kirkdean - Selkirk - Kielder.png

#83 Robarano, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ...and they do have big midgies up there. Although I think I may have hit an albatross without realising it. o_O Or maybe someone chucked a custard pie at me. :eek:

IMG_8366.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8291.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8302.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8308.JPG

IMG_8315.JPG

IMG_8318.JPG

IMG_8335.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG

IMG_8320.JPG

IMG_8321.JPG

IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8334.JPG

IMG_8337.JPG

IMG_8338.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. And the best till last, the stunning view I had going up over to Applecross. :bucktooth:

IMG_8347.JPG

IMG_8348.JPG

IMG_8349.JPG

#86 Robarano, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Is that on the back of your pannier, was
    Is that on the back of your pannier, was it trying to overtake :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don't think I got overtaken once, come to think of it. :thinkingface:

There was a lot of splatter on the back of my panniers when I got back though. :thinkingface: I do weave a lot. :confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Hmmm:thinkingface:. Not much no. I have to get from Schull to Belfast - 522km/6hrs. Then Belfast to Stranraer on the Ferry. Then Stranraer to Fort William (no point me starting in Inverness) which is 190miles/4hrs15min. All before I start. I’ll be knackered! More like the NC1000 for me. But still, it’ll be useful to suss it out as, from what I read in the website and a few blogs, it seems very similar to round here, except we don’t have midges :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. When I do it again, it'll be over 5 days. The 1st long day was fine as I just wanted to get to the start, but I could have taken it a bit more leisurely and was 'mile chasing' at times. :thinkingface:

But you live and learn. All experience for next time. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information