1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyside Ducati. No Rides Of Used Bikes Allowed?

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MrToots, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Never test rode any of my bikes just bought um.

2. My bikes are like my wimmin, I'm never allowed to ride them until I've paid first

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Bikes are cheaper though so it's worth a punt on a bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I have always ridden every single bike I have bought before buying.
    Never bought from a dealer, always second hand.
    Would not even contemplate buying if I couldn't ride beforehand.

5. No reason to not try, and its a sensible approach :) I have bought mostly new/nearly new bikes in recent years, so just went and tried a demo bike to check I liked it generally, then did all the checks when buying privately: signs of drop, engine noise, has it been cleaned and maintained etc. :)

6. like others on here, I've bought loads with no test rides but have tried demo's prior to buying. Not sure I'd buy second hand privately with no ride though

7. If you have already been to the dealer several times before and bought stuff so they know you; if you arrive on a bike more valuable than the one you want to test; if you are known to be an experienced rider; and if you look as though you might be able to afford the bike in question - then most dealers would let you test-ride a bike.

If the dealer doesn't know you from Adam; if you arrive by bus; if you passed your test last week; and if you look obviously skint - then probably not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ok. So looks like this may be due to the fact they don't know me too. Ie they tell everyone no that they don't know.

Might head up there later if I have time. It's over an hour though, hence my calls to them first asking if I could ride it.

I'm sure they get lots of time wasters. Selling shiny metal must attract them I'm sure.

Cheers, Toots

9. Yeah, steering lock was broken too....innit.

10. Careful how you arrive for the test ride...:p
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. That's outrageous......riding without gloves!!

12. and not a helmet mohican in site :astonished:

13. Wouldn't look half as menacing if this lot came round the corner with hammers.
    IMG_3015.JPG

14. Riders in bridgewater let me have a test ride on a used bike no problem. Had to have my (clean) licence, and sign a waver for an insurance excess of £1000.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I did the same when i test rode my 848 from Snell,s three years ago, what a test ride shit my pants, great fun :)

16. When i brought my street fighter from Moto Rapido ,they wouldn't let me have a test ride ,but said if i brought it and didn't like it i could take it back ,but of course i knew i would love it and i do ......

17. Yep Riders Bridgewater let me ride 4 bikes.. 3 new and one used. The Used was a 1199s, went with a test rider, we had a good spirited ride. No sales pressure after. At the 600 mile service I had a new XDiavels to play with for the day... can't fault them!

18. Hi Toots, Bought my 2011 Monster 796 from Hyside about 3 years ago. They let me ride their demo bike, now I think of it, not my bike. I didn't specifically ask/demand to ride my bike, but wasn't that bothered as it was only 3 years old and had 1500 miles on it and still under warranty. I feel I got a good deal from Andy and have always had good service from them. Can't really understand this policy - did they say why? I have driven used bikes from other dealers in the past but many (20) years ago. Cheers, Len

19. I can say I've never test ridden a bike that I've bought
    And the only bike Ive ever test ridden was a 2011 zx10r when they first came out, I turned upto dealer in full leathers etc. Was April and cold, so went for spin and took it back in one piece as excess was £2500

Do Not Sell My Personal Information