1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyside Motorcycles - Feedback?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by MotoNik, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Just wondering if anyone can offer any feedback regarding Hyside? I've been in discussion with them about a deal on a new bike - numbers seem good, and I suspect it might be one of those situations where I buy a bike from the other side of the country because it works out well financially, rather than sticking with local dealers I have a relationship with.

So really just want to know if they're a decent bunch to deal with.

Thanks in advance.

2. Always had great service from them and their sales/service team. My uncle has also used them for years as well as convincing two other friends of his to also use them and we’re all a happy bunch (about hysides... miserable bunch about life)

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  3. Great, thanks, appreciate the feedback!

4. Always seen positive feedback in here re Hyside, their google results seem to bare it out too although I did chuckle at this one

[​IMG]
    Bikke Chettri
    Local Guide · 16 reviews · 5 photos
    3 months ago
    Worst service and very unprofessional and unenthusiastic staff. Went there to adjust my loose chain for Multistrada, they were not interested at all. Similar experiences with my fellow riders too.

Response from the owner3 months ago
    I think you may have the wrong account, if you are the man who just came to us with a front puncture on your Honda CBF125 it is not company policy to repair front puncture's as it is illegal. We have not turned away anyone today with loose chains on a Multistrada and as I type this we adjusting a chain on another customers bike.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Well they sound like a right bunch! :D

6. Who goes to a dealer for a loose chain?:thinkingface:

7. I've never dealt with Hyside, especially with them being some 500 miles away. My previous MTS had been bought from them by the original owner who had had all the service work done by them. This all seemed fine except the coolant was still the blue stuff when I got the bike despite them having signed off the recall as having been done. 4,000 miles later the front cylinder head developed the porous problem while I was in Germany!

8. Purchased a second hand Ducati from Andy at Hyside last year and found him a great guy to deal with.

9. Thanks guys!

10. They are good to deal with, they did fit the mounting plate for my SW Motech panniers upside down, to be fair it's not a standard Ducati issue part and I adjusted it myself afterwards.
    They are professional in dealing with you, service and parts costs are advised up front, and they were very helpful fixing a problem with my Biketrac on the Panigale, and have courtesy bikes available.

11. Point is the only way is to have a problem and see how it is dealt with, who is paying for the bike to be collected and delivered? How long will it all take? Sometimes can cost more for a good deal a long way from home, you never know when you might need the local shop onside and they won’t be if the bike came from another dealer, just another take on it.

12. Ah sorry I didn't read your post properly. They seem a fairly straight up bunch of people to deal with.
    Funnily enough I bought my Pani from DMC Preston and rely on Hyside now as my local dealer to fix things. They have gone over and above in getting my tracker repaired and didn't charge anywhere near full whack.
    If you already have a relationship with a local dealer who you will give your service work to, they may be more likely to offer goodwill gestures, even though they didn't make the sale themselves.

13. I bought 2 bikes from them - no issues either time - good price... but I suspect you can push your local dealer for the same deal on a new bike... especially this time of the year.. They will be keen for any business...

The 2 I bought - my local dealer did not have stock...

14. I read the positive reviews while looking for a bike. They had one so I contacted them and said I would be interested if it was more competitively priced as it was one of the most expensive ones around.
    The sales guy asked how much I wanted to pay then said to come back when my budget increased !

No thanks, I went elsewhere and got a year newer bike for £1k less !

15. I have repeatedly found the Hyside spare parts guy (Peter) helpful, efficient, and friendly. He has got a surprising amount of parts in stock, he orders stuff in quickly, and reliably phones to let me know when it arrives. Plus he gives me 10% off.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information