1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m Getting A Drone Probably A Dji Mavic One Anybody Else On Here Have One

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Glenb, Aug 26, 2019.

1. as title I’m looking at get a drone I’ve narrowed it down to a few a Mavic air , mavic pro or the 2 latest ones mavic 2 zoom or mavic 2 pro , anybody have one on here or similar who can share any thought or any similar drones as good

Thanks in advance

2. I bought this cheap on Ebay for £30,
    [​IMG]
    but given my home location and it being a GPS drone it won't take off.... :( screenshot-www.google.com-2019.08.26-15_42_05.jpg

#2 AirCon, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 9
  3. 0F2E6A5F-3DB8-45B2-BE24-ED5C56B924E1.jpeg It’s missing it’s antenna that’s why it’s not picking up should have one on top like this

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DJI make great drones, the Mavic 2 is the range that I was looking at recently. I wanted it for aerial & sports photography as well as just a razz around but haven’t pulled the trigger yet, so if you do, let me know how you find it.

5. My son uses a drone for work, he does a few factory and large building roof surveys, land surveys and ariel photograph, to use one commercially you need a CAA licence. I'll ask him if he knows about the model you're interested in.
    Steve
    https://www.facebook.com/birdseyeview4u/

#5 Birdie, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I've got a DJI, you can bet some cracking images even though it's only an amateur version. Dead easy to fly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Will do

8. DJI Mavic Pro here, brilliant images, easy to fly but factor in buying expensive extra batteries and lens filters.

9. There are other brands.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a dji Inspire 1 first generation, fantastic bit of kit, but given its weight, I was constantly worried that if it failed I could kill someone, at the time I couldn’t get the extended batteries as they went allowed in the uk! So 15 mins max flight time. Image quality was superb and I’m sure software and camera lens updates have come on in the 2 years since I owned it. Consider the noise also, the Inspire is a big unit, not sure how it compares to what you’re looking at but it wasn’t a stealth fighter. Great fun and easy to fly.
    B49D3A34-BBEC-4897-BA5A-AA4A410B2E5D.jpeg

11. upload_2019-8-28_13-46-48.jpeg
    It’s about time these started turning up on eBay isn’t it. Second hand obvs:cool:

12. I have both an inspire 1 and a Mavic Air and also have a CAA PfCO. Check out some of the work I've done HERE :)

The Mavic range of drones are brilliant - the Air has proximity sensors front and back and the new Mavic Pros have them one the sides and above - which makes them much harder to crash.

I also use Autopilot by Hanger software rather than DJI Go. Simple 'dronie' shots with the DJI app are great, but Autopilot lets you set-up and shoot some really cinematic shots which would usually require a second man operating the camera.

If I were buying today I'd be very tempted with the Mavic 2 pro (Non Zoom), but pony up for the advanced remote with the built in screen. I have a DJI CrystalSky monitor and I believe they use the same screen in the advanced remote - the difference in brightness between it and a smart phone is night and day and means you can actually see what you're doing when it's sunny. The Mavic 2 Pro is also going to be much quieter than the Air - which is VERY loud for such a small drone.

Either will pack down into a case which is easy to carry around. The Air case is very compact and will hold the drone, 3 batteries, a battery for the crystal sky monitor, the remote, the charger and plug and spare props.

Oh… also budget for a set of ND filters (4, 8 and 16). On a bright day you'll need them to avoid getting stuttered video… You don't need to go bonkers with PolarPro filters, but avoid the very cheap ones too.

#12 plingboot, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I have a Mavic Pro, don't really use it enough but not selling, just need to find the time to fly the thing as well as edit the footage afterwards.

A set of Polar Pro ND Polarising filters are a good investment as are spare batteries. I bought the DJI Flymore kit with two spare batteries. Left for a few months, now out of warranty two of these died and couldn't be revived. Bought some patterns ones which seem fine.

If new to flying, or cautious, then buy the DJI protection which adds a 12 month replacement program for practically any damage. Needs to be purchased with the drone or when registering with DJI (check the exact procedure, I can't remember) Crashed mine into a sapling that the avoidance sensors didn't pick up on, that wasn't the main problem, it was the brook running below it that was. Totally dead, replaced with no questions.

#13 Bumpkin, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  14. I've read the advice from the experts on here and was wondering if it is available in Welsh.... I didn't understand a word in English.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Thanks for the posts on this really helpful , I looked at other brands but the mavic seemed to be the best all rounder

16. I’ve just bought a mavic 2 zoom , should get it Friday

Few YouTube vids on them

17. There is a downside with dji accounts, if you buy extended warranties you cannot transfer them. They are locked to your email account as I discovered recently. Because I was changing email host. Well I changed a longtime ago but just decided to see about amending my details. To which the situation described unfolded. As I don't own any kit or bundles it didn't matter. They stated warranties & bundled products would be lost & are not transferrable'

#17 GunZenBomZ, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  18. Drones are not welcome in my village.........the village FB page members go berserk and start frothing at the mouth when there happens to be one flying around “invading their privacy”. :joy::joy::joy:

19. My old man has threatened to shoot any down above his house, but as long as you fly within the legal limits there isn't a lot they can do.
    And everyone follows the legal guidelines.....

20. Currently prime deals on DJI kit if of any use to you.

Screenshot_20190829_085058_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information