1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 I Bought A Track Bike

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RC1, Aug 24, 2021.

1. For 5 min…just like when you have your clothes off ;):weary_face::weary_face::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Nearly killed me. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Quick update here
    Got some bungs for front axle, some grippier Oberon pegs, hpk discs from eBay, some new brembo RC pads from addiction motorsport and had it remapped and put the whole lot to work at snetterton with @Expat Jack and @tcrofty7 and what a difference

Flat spot gone and no more front wheel wobble. The pegs are better than standard but I need more adjustment so I'll hold out for some rearsets

But overall it was all going so well until a low side at Wilson's (hairpin right, corner 2)

So assuming bike checks out ok, I'll be looking at new tyres to replace the contisport attacks.

Anyone happy with their track tyres? I don't have any reason to not get the same again but keen to hear from anyone that's had them and since changed

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snetterton mate? Sorry to hear about the slide off.

5. snetterton mate
    im glad it happened in a way.. ive always wondered waht it would be like and better on track than on road. medical was exceptional so all good... got an excuse to go shopping! ill be off bikes though for 3 months but nothing serious

• Like Like x 2
  6. 3 months?! What have you done dislocated a shoulder or something?

7. technically no.. its a grade 2 AC joint subluxation. its a pita but better the left than right side. getting back into leathers will be fun given im crying getting in/out of a tshirt. its a little disconcerting to see my clavicle trying to pop through my skin though. on the plus side my boys think its hilarious

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Was that today?

9. Let me know when I can put the pictures up. :cool::D

10. Stick em up ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have crashed a lot over the last five years and can now say I am way better at catching previously "this is going to hurt" moments and even got back on after this one and went two seconds quicker.

I could not walk the next day, but I could smile.

• Like Like x 2
  12. No thanks mister!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. IMG-20210527-WA0001.jpeg stich the bitch and go again :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. its just a little scratch

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you ain’t crashing, you ain’t trying ;)

16. Collar bone sticking up is not great and NHS pretty hopeless initially. Apparently a break in the middle can repair naturally, but a break in the outer third plus 'tenting' of the skin needs plating.

After a week of agony (and no the miracle of two ends at 15mm displaced apart didn't spontaneously happen!!!!!) surgeon did fit an acromioclavicular plate. Left some screw heads proud I reckon, and the skin scraped over them for a year before I got the plate taken out again. Still not perfect but hate to think what it would have been like without the plating.

Go private if you have to.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information