1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Expect I Am Not Normal?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Watching the new Marchella series tonight, already started to not like the story line then the swearing started. That’s it for me I will not watch any more. It is not necessary.
    This August it will be 50 years since I met my wife. 47 years married in March. I have never swore in front of my wife, she has never swore in front of me. Never.
    My daughters are 45 and 43, I have never heard them swear in our company.
    We must be unusual, but its just respect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. You know what's going to happen now don't you? You have been warned.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't egg then on :eek: v. evil :imp:

4. How very sweet.

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Do they know sign language? :D

I do get your drift though, it's like listening to Chris Evans, shouty mcshout face. After a while you just think, all the swearing and shouting is to hide a poor script and acting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. I like swearing. It’s like chilli. You don’t want it everywhere, but it spices things up when used correctly.

It’s only words. And words only have the meanings we give to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Never heard my parents swear in front of me and my dad was a collier.
    Tried watching Ted 2 with her indoors, had to switch it off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Only fools and horses, porridge, somebody will add to those I'm sure but never did they swear and it was funny...these days they swear to get the laugh as it's not very funny on the tv without it, so I guess swearing can be funny or appear to be funny at the time but it's not really...personally I like a good long burp or fart, I'm afraid I laugh like a drain at either anywhere I can't help it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You sir have clearly never tried to get the rear brake working on a Mutley!
    By the time you give up you'll be swearing like a gaggle of drunk sailors on their way to a rugby match.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. You're right Richard, you're not normal. Swearing is big, clever and hilarious. And it comes in very handy when somebody is getting on your tits.

So. Swear a bit! Your life will improve :cool::D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Swearing should complement language and communication, not replace it. It can be used for comic effect or for emphasis but only works if used smartly and sparingly.

I don't find swearing amongst adults distasteful, per se, but when it is done as a form of punctuation (looks across at work colleague and rolls eyes) it gets tiresome. Truly, deeply tiresome.

I don't find swear have any mythical power, for good or for ill, that some others clearly feel they have. They are just words.

• Like Like x 3
  12. its also been shown to help alleviate pain, maybe there is a link between the rise is swearing on here and some of the painful views expressed in speakers corner?
    anyhoo, patter changes over the generations, back in the day, casual racism and sexism was the norm and used regularly for comic effect. personally i would rather my kids swore like troopers than imitate Alf Garrnet or Sydny James.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  13. Another drive-by slur, courtesy of our friendly neighborhood finm : o )

If he had any moral fibre, he'd have made it a stand-up fight : o D

14. I work in my dad's car garage , there are 5 of us working the language can be quite colourful at times ,especially when some of the old man's mates come in there builders and scaffolders, they come in to make the tea there language is terrible. But if the old lady there non of them swear infront of her.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My hero!!!
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SeveralAchingBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. yip, mechanics swear a fair bit. its quite common in the heat of battle, and some jobs will fight you all the way to the bitter end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Ted 2 funny as fuck though :D
    Halle fuckin Lujah !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I like it when swear words actually go in between normal words for even greater effect......
    Fan feckin tastic !! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I live in Galway, you might be suprised to know I hear a fair bit. The telly, the wireless, its everywhere and no-one bats an eyelid. In fact, I think the only words I haven’t heard in the media are the c @ n t and t w @ t ones.
    I swear a lot, but never in front of me mam and dad etc.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information