1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Expect I Am Not Normal?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Ha, I hadn’t thought of it that way.:)

I’d just like to hear a little more interest and variety in speech rather than an endless use of “fuck” e.g. I fucking went to the pub and got completely fucked, and you know fucking what? I don’t give a fuck. OK a bit extreme but you get the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. You need to change your circle of friends.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You'll get non of that sort of nonsense here

4. That is not extreme, not in the slightest.
    I work with a very tiresome colleague who would easily have doubled the number of f-words in your example. He would have done so unthinkingly, with no particular emphasis at all. For him, the language fundamentally consists of vowels, consonants and swear words. Sigh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. We know a guy that puts "fuckin" in between every word when he talks. Takes a lot of work to figure out what he's really trying to say. Sometimes we just laugh. It's kind of amazing actually.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. For someone against it, you are at the top of the leaderboard for use of the F bomb?
    But the OP must feel all warm and fuzzy with you alongside acting as his very own internet white knight:innocent:

7. I worked in a factory all my working life, my wife worked in a factory for 10 years before our marriage and children. I know what swear words are. One of my daughters is a police officer, the other works the front desk in a police station so they know what swear words are.
    The original point of my post was my respect to my wife and children and their respect for me means we have never used those words while together and I find listening to it on TV with my wife uncomfortable.
    I have found all the replies interesting and have been encouraged by the number of people who have supported the original post.
    This is about respect and the gradual acceptance of swearing in everyday life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reminds me of the monty python sketch.
    “Intercourse”

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Woody sound. Definitely woody.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maybe you do, but I really have no idea what words you consider to be swear words and what words not. Or how you distinguish, or keep track. That's why I asked you to clarify. If you do not care to, that's a matter for you. But your original post then remains just as obscure and non-specific as ever, and we are left none the wiser.

11. "We all know what swear words are"? No we don't. I have no idea what words you or he consider to be swear words, and opinions seem to vary greatly. I'm willing to learn though.

And if I ask fairly straightforward questions about an adult topic somebody has raised, why on earth would you call that an "adolescent dig"? Is that supposed to be some kind of joke?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is the op a litery equivalent of a vegan :thinkingface:
    It is not always offensive or disrespectful to swear, but sometimes disrespectful to hold a lesser opinion of people who do so perhaps?
    Mmmm, food for thought :)
    I think in general the op may have been poking a stick here and not quite received the backlash he was hoping for, mmm, I do wonder :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1

13. Since your willing to learn here's one for you
    TWAT

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. What the fuckin fucker fuckety fuck is this all supposed to achieve?? o_O

15. That what you just did o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I was not poking a stick in the forum. My original thoughts were about the increase of swearing on tv, the f word. I was warned by El Toro that I may have started something I might regret but up to now apart from one or two replies meant to wind me up it has been a good conversation. This is maybe a generation thing but I stand by my original comments.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Deliberately wind you up? FFS, what do you take us for? :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. I was just wondering how sincere you were being :eyes: you just never know :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I understand exactly what you are saying. I raised my son and daughter to be respectful of the company they are in and swear only around those that can appreciate it. They were not allowed to swear "under my roof". This was a big problem with my son. He got soap in his mouth (at my wits end I decided to try my parent's technique). It didn't work. He did know the difference though. He pushed my buttons at home but was very respectful around company. I always got and still do get compliments on my kids behavior. They are adults and both swear but I can tell you that in a world where there are so many other things we are not allowed to say...my kids are exceedingly generous, fair, and respectful individuals. Swearing is the least of my worries. By the way, if they heard me swear (husband, who does swear, included)-get out of the way. There is a time and place for it but I would agree that it is often overused and not as effective.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Nobody uses bad language more than me, but there is a time and a place. If I'm in the lounge of my local with my wife, I don't like to hear bad language being used, because my wife (who may be called old fashion by some) really does find it offensive, so I end up having to say something to the persons involved. But if she were to enter the bar (which she wouldn't) I feel she'd have to put up with it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information