1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 I Give Up, Cjs Here I Come.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by bluey, Apr 27, 2016.

1. 749/999 don't have an upmap key. Its only done by remapping the ECU. Louigi does the mechanical stuff, ie set TB balance and check belts before he sends it next door to Chris at CJS. I believe they used to be in the same workshop so it works fine. My Termi box did not come with an ECU as it was second hand, but it does have a PC that was mapped for a similar exhaust previously. Idle has always been an issue.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Ah, that would explain it! Long time since I last went to Louigi's. They were still building the dyno room when I was there last and I didn't know that it was CJs running it.

3. They are in the same building and the dyno is owned by Rich (Pappa Louigi). Chris at CJS uses it for his work and business running out of Rich's workshop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. OK, wish me luck.. The 749s has gone to Louigi Moto and CJS this morning. Without a bike :(

• Like Like x 3
  5. no pain,,,, no gain :smile:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  7. And?????

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. +1 fir hunters pub. Good food, nice beer and great staff. CJS was inside louigis when i was last there. I enjoyed listening to rich moaning and learnt a bit about ducks. If it was closer itd be a tie between them n snells for me. Rich reminds me of fred dibnah.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Can you do DVTs yet? :)

10. OR, Bluey sold the bike last December and a few remaining bits earlier this year, his posts indicate the remap was a compete success as he said "it was a dream to drive." I think he may have gone over to the dark side as he has not been on here for a couple of months

11. Thanks DtD :)
    That does sound familiar come to think of it.
    Shame...

12. Last seen March 12th.

13. The DVT is a big problem . The ECU is write protected by obd. This means your ECU has to be opened and a few wires soldered inside to flash it . This adds time to the job Bear in mind I would usually flash an ecu in the dyno room 8 times to get the new maps constructed. The DVT uses a bosch unit and no one really understands the maps and what each map does. There are 300 or so to test . I would have done this by now if the ECU was writable by obd. There are a few firms claiming to understand and custom map these ECU but in reality they are chucking 5% on all the maps like the car guys and hoping for the best . When someone gives me a DVT for 2 weeks and permission to open the ECU risk free from cost I will be happy to explore and nail these bikes in depth.

Because of the opening of the ecu and time involved the custom remap is likely to be twice as much

just to let anyone know. If I don't anser my phone text me . I have a lot of family commitments as well as being stuck in a hot dyno room for 6- 8 hours per bike :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information