1200 I Give Up! Hello Ktm My Dear Old Friend.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JH_1986, Jun 25, 2016.

1. IMG_0164.JPG I've a 950 KTM LC8 for sale....£4125,,,,just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, while we're here....this is going too...
    IMG_20151206_145931.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'll be after you gimlet when I ship it in. I want it to pass trackday noise testing baffles in (102 should do it) but baffles out it can do what the hell it likes. My SMR just about passed with full Akrapovics. Will then be doing the whole air box, sas etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Buddy! Really sorry this has happened to you! That bike to be fair has been a pain in the arse for you! You have done well to hang on to it as long as you have!

As you know I lost faith with Ducati's reliability a few months ago and bought an S1000XR for which I was castigated for by my Multistrada friends, but at the moment and I'm early in my BMW ownership I'm happy!

I loved my Multistrada's but took the plunge and moved to another manufacturer, it was a hard decision but I went with it.

I have seen your postings and I maybe wrong but with a different set of personal circumstances I think you may have got rid of your Mutley before this happened.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get back to a happy relationship with your next purchase!

I would defo strip everything off your bike and just sell as standard. I saw your pic with topbox and panniers if it's not a touring version then the panniers can be sold separately.

I feel for you bud! And don't get me wrong I'm not anti-Ducati!

5. I like this game.
    DSC00651.JPG
    DSC00568.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. If it weren't for the extension in the works, I'd be all over that BMW. People on here moan about it but if all the Beemer has on the cons list is a curable vibration than they are kidding themselves. [emoji6]

7. And its boring and sterileness....cant get rid of that :) the s1000r is the first bike ive ever ridden, gotten off, not felt a thing, handed the keys back and walked away without looking back....didn't do a thing for me...

8. And it won't go grob-grob-grob like an LC8. :)

9. All the hype about the vibes is un-founded bud! Ok so I have fitted the bar end weights, £40! No more money than a set of bar end protectors from R&G for a mutley and I don't feel any vibes that are out of the ordinary for an inline 4! A lot of my friends have ridden my bike and not one of them has commented on any vibrations!

I rest my case!

Good luck dude! I would really urge you to explore every avenue of goodwill warranty/help from the dealer/Ducati UK! You seem like a person that doesn't give up easily so "raise hell"

10. Horses for courses buddy!

11. It is - I was expecting to be blown away (never ridden a bmw of any sort before). But, that's how it felt....not engaging atall. Just one of those things I suppose....

12. ;)

#92 Hyperextended, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  13. Well no matter how dull people say the BMW is, my faultistrada is currently as entertaining a ride as this [​IMG]

The teacups are absolutely onit compared to how fast the faultistrada can go.

How good is it that I've taught the iPhone to autocorrect to faultistrada!

14. The thing is Ducati is all about, form over function, that's why they always produce stunning looking machines!

BMW Is more about function over form! So at least a Ducati will always look better on a recovery truck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. On my third hyper.... No problems with the other 2 either... I bought a gen 4 z1000 when I was looking for a naked. Which has also been totally problem free also.... There was nothing wrong with the beemer.... It just wasn't engaging enough for me...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just to chip in here I can categorically say that the bmw s1000xr is anything but boring

I've owned a multistrada 1200 2012 (ohlins) and a great bike it was. I've owned a lot of bikes in fact.

It's no looker but it's actually growing on me, it's also well made

I've just come back from a ride from Nottingham to Germany and back on the XR, no vibration, perfectly comfortable and blisteringly quick around the nordschleife, to the point a fair few 1000cc superbike owners wanted to talk about it in the car park afterwards due to me ripping past them on numerous occasions. Luggage back on, rode 550 miles home in one hit....back in the garage and not a thing to worry about.

Don't kid yourself about it being bland, if you ride it sedate it will be, if you want to get a lick on I assure you it'll worry most things on the road.

It's not a twin, and if I was to pick a twin currently I'd buy a ktm without thinking twice, but the bmw being an L4 doesn't make it boring

time for a gratuitous photo just because I can......and yes it was bloody good fun around the ring :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

17. Crikey , your grass needs watering....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I said all of that without moving my lips!

Or typing a single letter!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I wasn't say it (the xr) or the r wasn't quick. I said for me it was bland, unengaging and lacking style. BMW did a good job building the r..... The one I test rode had vibratey handlebars.... If we're going to be exact here this is my experience....

1. Uncomfortable..... Shoulders aching in the first 2 miles.
    2. Didn't like the clock layout... Too busy. Mind you the zed clocks aren't brilliant either... They could have done better...
    3. Didn't like the electronics.... There are the 2 different schools of thinking. That's the first time I rode something with a full electronics package.... I felt disjointed from the road
    4. From the above point it didn't give me confidence...
    5. For a naked the seat was too tall for me.
    6. Hung up on the looks... Looking from the rear... Quite nice from the front.... Dogs dinner... Confirmed by my 11 year old son when I took it home to impress him.... He took one look and said... "it's a bit rubbish dad...."
    7. When I got back to the dealer I said.... If I want to upgrade and change the shock for example how does that work as it integrated into the electronics electronics? He said "why would you want to?" well, I like to mod and make my stuff personal to me... Part of the fun of bike ownership is maintenance... Yes I do enjoy fixing, upgrading etc etc...
    8. Heated grips were awful.... Didn't get anywhere near hot enough (in april)... They're integrated so I'd be stuck with them.

I think it's down to the individual... Not to say any of the beemers are bad they're not, they just don't appeal to me saying that I'm not a fan of the multi either. If had just one bike.... Yeah maybe the r but I've got an rsv4 for scratching and a very understanding wife that let's me own the 3.

Sorry... Digressing now, apologies jh....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. No worries, I hijack enough threads [emoji6]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information