1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate Electrics!!!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GDS968, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Undersprung????
    Certainly not as standard.
    I put much lighter oil in mine to soften the ride.

2. Everyone's different, it depends on different factors. I found it skipped over the bumps a lot and felt unresponsive and gauge as standard. This could be the way it was set up even though I paid someone to do that before they went to Maxton

3. No prob - ill go get a pic...

4. Here you go...I got the as one of our wiring techs at work uses them all the time and swears by the...
    20181002_211258.jpg 20181002_211243.jpg
    Thomas & Betts are the manufacturer.

5. Many people swear *at*, not *by* those types of crimps :confounded:

A lot of it is down to the quality of the tool. T&B are reputable, but there are a lot of cheap crimp tools out there which look identical but are total crap.

I always solder and heat shrink connections wherever possible. Never had one fail.

6. As do I, however sometimes a crimp is better if there's a bit of movement as it can break if too rigid with solder

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ill always solder - i only use these for where slide and bullet connectors are needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Update...After stripping the top front end of the bike ie fairings, headlight, lifting tank to check connections etc. I pulled most of the loom apart to check for physical faults and tested with a continuity tester, all seemed to be ok. I found a few areas which needed tidying up along the way so that was good. But still could not find the fault!!!

Frustration set in,still couldn't find the issue!!! Then thought about the simple things and tried swapping the fuses again and re seating to make sure that the contact was good......bloody result :)

Can't believe it was the fuses!!!!....But glad it was. Even though the fuse that was in it looked ok it wasn't!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Told ya! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep you did :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good comment on the fuses, make sure they are making contact. Relays on Ducati electrics are always a problem, and cheap to replace, so check those too. A good wiring diagram and careful application of logic should lead you to the problem.

12. I must admit I assumed that because the OP had checked the fuses they were OK which is why I suggested checking the Ignition switch connector and the main relay.

13. The OP had checked them but not well enough!! :p clearly they needed a good push and prod etc. I think the fuse I replaced them with was part of the issue as well to be fair. Still all sorted, now just looking at re freshing the front end, rearsets a possible service on my FCR's. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information