1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Bought A Ducati :-)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Could be :thinkingface: but maybe not :yum

2. A little update:
    Having managed to gain a Day Time MOT last month, today I received a call from a lovely lady at Ducati UK confirming my dating letter for my Registration submission will be in the post. (I was advised to get the dating letter as it's not too clear on the CofC)
    Then it's gather all the info and send it off to the evil DVLA emporium of broken dreams and fingers crossed time...…:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. did you slip a £50 note in a brown envelope;)

4. Maybe invite them all round for coffee?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Don't talk to me about DVLA...

Don't suppose you know of a way to get a reg' number (VRM) from a frame number (VIN) do you?

6. Probably ask you friendly MOT station :thinkingface: their system might have access - this bike is currently MOT'd against it's VIN

7. Should I have paid? :eyes:

8. Will instant do? :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tried that already and apparently when you enter a VIN you get a certificate without a VRM.

10. There's no rhyme or reason with these people:weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Have you called the DVLA help line to ask? What's the bike?

12. Long story...

13. I had same problem with a Kawasaki race bike, had vin number but no reg, I phoned Kawasaki UK and gave them the vin they told me everything about the bike.

14. They need to teach Ducati about archive-keeping then! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have my Plaque!!!!! - arrived in the post Saturday and I'm well happy o_O thanks go to someone out there who will have to remain nameless...……..:eyes: :):upyeah:

IMG_4406.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  16. So, the DVLA rejected the registration due to the Ducati dating letter not being signed 2 weeks ago. Even though I got the letter as an extra safe guard for the application as I have the original CofC and submitted that too with the build date on.

When phoning the DVLA the guy said he couldn't understand why they had rejected it and gave me a code to send to a supervisor. Ducati's procedure when checking is not to sign the dating letters and never do - so I added this e-mail from Ducati UK as the guy on the phone told me to do.

I added a letter explaining everything as instructed and explained the C of C shows the manufactured date too.

Received another rejection today stating the application has been rejected: 'I see you have enclosed a dating letter from Ducati but we cannot accept the letter as it is not signed, I tried to contact you to discuss' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So: no missed calls on the mobile I gave them, no e-mail on the e-mail I gave them and another 10 days and 2 x Special Delivery envelope charges

They are just clearly taking the piss with people. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. Sorry to hear that Ziggy, but it just seems that DVLA must be such a rubbish employer that everyone in there just can't be arsed to help anyone.

Do they not have a twatter or facepoo you can just bellyache on and use trial by social media to shame them into doing the right thing?

• Like Like x 2
  18. I doubt they have anything as they have no competition :thinkingface: just many many disgruntled 'customers' :rolleyes:

19. Perseverance, don't give up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Can't you just sign it mate??

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information