1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Bought A Ducati :-)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Feb 4, 2018.

1. I never give up, it's just a pity they don't have an office for a face to face :mad:……..:innocent:

2. If only! Mmmmm, if only I had two 1098R Bayliss, hang on a mo :thinkingface: o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Can't you ask my pal Tim to sign it? Was pretty straightforward with my "Neeerrrooo...":punch:

4. He only signs non official documents and even that was a photo copy, this is for the Government and cannot be pretend as it's the law :yum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Are you sure? I thought it was OK to sign in a pretend kinda way when the law is an ass, and no one knows the difference in anycase...

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. Good point :):upyeah:

7. Deep breath, do what they ask and don't lose your rag. Hold your ground firm but polite and be patient. There were many months of wanting to firebomb their office during MHR registration... it really looked several times like all was lost but we got there. You will too. Just keep believin'

8. One number plate 2 bikes easy!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. nice self nosh off opportunity there...

As for the signature, if you get rumbled just tell them "it's a prototype signature m'lud":D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. And why not Mr Severe, and on a Ducati Forum too :blush: I skint myself to own my bikes and work two jobs, they make me happy, but I guess I've been incredibly lucky too (that last bit for @Birdie ) o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. I've corrected that for you, and I totally agree with you and wouldn't take or belittle any of it as I'd do the same in your position.. apart from own an exige.

I applaud your luck ziggy which is why you'll get your reg, don't you worry.. you listen to your uncle sevvy now and sit tight and wait for the DVLA nobs to see sense ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Have you been sleeping :bucktooth:
    The Exige got me into investing in Bikes funnily enough, and has been one of my better purchases, £16250, now pushing £60k in 10 years of ownership - and yes it’s been on the road every year too :blush:
    I will have a nice conversation with the DVLA tomorrow, trouble is the people you ring are a different department altogether :mad:

13. Nope my eyeballs aren't painted on... it's an exige (in the words of chaucer - it offendeth mine eyes). I humbly suggest you sell it and buy more moatybikes for our viewing pleasure.

DVLA - give them hell. Just do what you did to Ducati and ring them every five minutes - or pop down to cardiffstan in your exige and have a word.

14. I don’t put that many miles on it :bucktooth:
    It’s a priddy car though :blush:

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  15. You sure it’s not Mrs ex stopping you from riding it ;)

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  16. Until he (potentially) slings it down the road, hits somebody or has it stolen. Even being pulled or checked at a bike meet by a studious plod who thinks to check a VIN.

Then what? There are all sorts of implications around not being insured, taxed, and I would imagine, fraud and perverting the course of justice by putting a registration mark on a bike it doesn't belong to. Saying to the judge "I made a mistake, I have 2 Bayliss bikes" isn't going to save you from chokey. :rolleyes:

If it can't be registered for the road, then so be it, that's just the way it is. I'm sure @Exige will get it sorted, but correctly. If you can't do it correctly, don't do it.

You advised me to also flout the law on registering my 1098R a couple of years back. :eyes:

17. :eyes:

18. :eyes:

19. That cookie is a right scallywag... :eyes:

20. Ah, but is it Cookie, or someone pretenting to be him by using his moniker? :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information