1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 I Just Bought My First Ducati

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by TZ750D, Sep 4, 2019.

1. The Ducati Omaha website has all of the parts catalogues online. It’s easy to compare the part numbers of the 1098R & 1198R. If the heads and pistons are different, so will the part numbers be.

2. You’re right - pistons are same part number between 2009 Bayliss and 2010 1198R, but the 2008 1098R is a different number.

3. I've got a 1098R (2008) and I've had trouble with pistons cracking and the skirts falling apart :eek: I'm putting HC Pistals in this time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ducati replaced/improved the chocolate 2008 pistons :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  4. I have the same problem as 1098 r pistons it would seem...
    Everywhere I go skirts fall apart in front of me

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You wish...

I used to have that problem. But it was once upon a time a long time ago in a land far far away.... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lol your reign wasn’t in
    Yorkshire In the late 70’s by Any Chance was it mr Sutcliffe.... :thinkingface::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ha ha, nah- just after that :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mine has Pistals and a NOVA gearbox :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. You can pick them nova gearboxes up relatively cheap now I see

3C5A5FAA-ACAA-4F1A-87E4-5985BB289387.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. Yeah, nice bit of kit the Nova transmission :upyeah: Might have a look when it's torn down. Had it rebuilt and finished a while back. Only 3rd gear was knackered tbf, so pretty strong as is.

11. The previous owner of mine said he had it replaced with a NOVA as 3rd became "notchy"

• Like Like x 2
  12. no ziggy... just no... simply and utterly no....

just...
    no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. You'll probably find that if you went to buy the old part number, the newer part number would supercede it and that's the part you would get.

I don't think they have more power, just have revised the part for some reason.

I usually go to my dealer with part numbers to save him hunting through parts schematics looking for the part I need. He regularly tells me a part number has changed from the one I have given him and is now referenced to a new part number.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deffo, you are in a minority yet again o_O

15. 1 vs 1 :thinkingface:

Why are you employing Remoaner mathematics Hexie? :rolleyes:

Start a poll

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You are the minority he has joined :bucktooth:
    Or look at the response to my quote :yum
    Besides, what would you choose next out if the two :thinkingface:

17. Start a poll to find out. :)

You don't know my opinion, I never replied to your post on the other bike. :bucktooth:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. at 5'7 i've always been pretty small to be fair

19. he'll rig the vote... by subscribing with one thousand new member accounts and shill voting with them

Oi Ziggy... NO!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information