1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Like This..

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Gimlet, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Like. I think...

2. Meh...

IMG_3553.JPG

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Whilst you’re at it. Sort out a battery tray and electric start. I know a guy that does some chinky knock-off battery cables :p

4. It doesn't have a battery :(

5. master-snow-and-ice-with-this-winter-ready-ducati-monster-90266-7.jpg abe184e01fc591862bda84b0309aa8d0.jpg

6. Time to re-arrange your finances for next year then? - Wonder what it will end up looking like.:thinkingface:

Indian FTR 1200 Confirmed for Production

[​IMG]

When the potent Indian Scout FTR750 debuted for flat track racing duty, fans of the American brand clamored for a street model.

Indian listened, giving us the Indian Scout FTR1200 concept late last year, with much rumor that the concept bike was the prelude for a full-fledged production model.

That rumor is now no more, as Indian confirmed this weekend at the Wheels & Waves event in France that we will see a production street-tracker model, named the Indian FTR 1200.

Indian is light on official details, and has yet to give us a release date for the Indian FTR 1200, but we do know that it will be a 2019 model.

More info. and excellent pics here.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/indian-ftr-1200-confirmed-production-2019/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Indian showed a select few what the production bike was currently looking like at the recent Wheels and Waves event, but they had to sign non disclosure agreements.

The Indian chief designer recently posted on social media that it will be pretty true to the concept bike above. Word on the street is the only significant difference will likely be the exhaust.

Production bike will supposedly be revealed later this year, which probably means EICMA, which is good as I’m going :)

8. p.s. the concept bike was at Bike Shed London a few weeks ago, it is the dog’s...

48A3DAC3-5DF9-4BE0-9ED0-F3BAC4F29E31.jpeg

• Like Like x 1

9. That’s rather nice :)

10. Somewhat disappointed to read that its only got 100 bhp and 70 something lb of torque. Interesting to try one though.
    Hasn't it also got odd 18" flat track wheel sizes? That's going to severely limit tyre choices.

11. Think I read it was going to be 19” front and 18” rear possibly?

12. Or possibly the other way around!

13. Looks pretty horrendous, especially those bugle pipes. If anything the yank motorcycle manufacturers are constant, in producing stuff with virtually no style. The whole thing to me, looks as if the design brief was.... "well, its gotta go somewhere so, just stick it there..." If this is a pre production bike with a vain attempt to draw in the punters then, when the euro police get hold of it...itll look even worse, which would be some feat....

14. Growing on you, then?

15. Yeah - think ill stick a deposit down... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Almost along the lines (or not if you get my meaning) of the MT-10....the fuzzy felt design brief.
    Lead engineer: "Weve got this box of fuzzy felt shapes for a new motorbike...."
    Design guy: "But theyre all different?"
    Lead engineer: "I dont give a fuck....make sure they all get used on the bike, if not its P45 time..."
    Design guy: "But itll just look like a mass of shapes...?"
    Lead engineer: "Yep...chop chop...of you go!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I think the actual design brief was to try and produce a road bike that looked like the all conquering FTR750 flat track race bike, and the concept does.

But, do you like it or not?

18. No, looks awful. The icing on the cake being those exhausts...looks like a yank version of the triumph street scrambler...which also looks like they couldnt be bothered....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information