1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Love 2 Strokes!!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by andy huggett, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Awesome bike!

At 31 (started riding 16 years ago) I think my generation was the last to get the 2T bug. I’ve got a big Aprilia RS250 gap that needs filling.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very nice - like a Spanish Bantam but with more style!

3. I love two strokes and had several over the years but one stood out as a keeper, my Kawasaki S2 350 which I have owned for 37 years.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hi Gimlet, the pictures are not really representative by not showing the true state of the chrome. Whilst i would agree i would prefer an unrestored bike to ride, this one needs a full on restoration. The unusual thing is, other than a missing grab rail, its complete and not a basket case like most you see. Im not going down the route of a show bike (i have enough of them) i want this as a showroom example, not over polished casings and bling. I have sourced most things now, new rims from Suzuki with correct date stamps, all nuts and bolts will go off for plating, paint is being sorted by a guy in Bristol who i use and done to original scheme and colour. Seat base is good so just a new foam and cover / strap. New front mudguard...so far he parts have cost me £2K plus £4K for the bike, i reckon when its done it will have blown £8K + hundreds of hours. But its another bike saved from the scrap heap and will be seen on the roads every year and used for fun.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. I was looking at those as well :)

6. Thats a serious love of strokers there mate, respect. When Hendrix wrote purlple haze, he just mistook it for Blue Haze :) God i wish i had kept my Kwak 500 back in the early 80's, those things fetch insane money now, also had the usual GT185, RD250 (Yellow coffin tank one) then a Bultaco and Maico.....oh those days :) Then for some daft reason i bought a red thing with a 900 Ducati badge...and that was the end of my 2 stroke days, but not anymore :D

7. She does need a bit of TLC but here she is tucked next to a slightly newer model. A brace of Kwacks..jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Gt550 every bit as good as the 750, in fact lighter,faster,handles better

• Like Like x 4
  9. 2 strokers
    1995 Suzuki RGV-250 - road and track. Rebuilt 2 years ago with Suzuki cylinders + modern suspension
    2001 Aprilia RS250- road and spare track bike(if the RGV misbehaves) cylinders been replated in the process of re-assembling.
    2005 Gas Gas 280 TXT pro trials
    Sold my 2017 model KTM EXC 250 Six Days 2 weeks ago..might get TPI 2 stroker...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Went from KH400 to RG500. Kept it for many years before selling in 2005 for £5k. Made a lovely sound and the power delivery was frantic; it would hold onto bikes twice the capacity. What would it sell for now?
    RG500.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. £9-12k

12. Think the air cooled ones sound better than the kettle !! End of discussion :)

(You, with ya modern fan dangled water cooling !!! It'll never catch on laddo !! :thinkingface:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bit conservative that for a 500 nowadays, most going nearer or even over 15k :eek:

14. It does look as good as described. That's a test the water ad. He doesn't really want too sell it.

15. Well at 19K, his wish is fairly safe I'd say. You know the bike then ??

16. No. Just guessing. It does look concourse. i reckon he's just putting it out there to see what he can get away with.

If it really is a good as claimed, if he hangs on to it, it won't be long before it does make that kind of money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information