1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I May Buy An Mv Agusta ...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dennis T., Nov 16, 2017.

1. I've the buyers order form the dealer, and I have to make time to head down the bank to see if they will continue funding my addictions...

2. Missus bought a 800 brutale last april and has done 10K on it since, including a trip to spain, only had one issue that was the throttle sensor which was replaced FOC by dealer within 2 hours. Apart form that the bike has been faultless and she loves it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Speaking as an ex Tourismo owner, if you like a bike with lots of niggles strange electronics behaviour and regular visits to your dealer or having it parked up waiting on parts then jump in with both eyes open (or firmly closed?). Great idea but let down by some design flaws weakness or just missing a year of RnD debugging?. TBH mine didn’t get parked waiting on bits but some extras took a few months before they showed at the dealers, other stuff the rear hubs and bearings appear to be fragile with a service life of 10k miles though mine was felt dodgy at a 10th of that. Expect to replace rear hub cush rubbers regularly , mine were goosed in under 1500 miles. Led indicators fail regularly and the rears are a PITA to remove especially if all the bolts have turned to mouldy brown cheese, which they will if you ride in the wet. If you really want a sports tourer Triple get the new Yam MT900GT and save yourself a lot of potential grief.

4. I wanted a turismo before I bought my Multi - but was also following Boris on Bikes on YouTube....after the responses he got from MV direct and the lack of dealerships, I went Duc. MV’s are generally lovely to look at though.

5. Only seen one in the wild, at Rykas Box Hill.

The lack of dealers would stop me. Any dealers you do have can drop the association very quickly and they won’t care about existing customers with the bikes. If the dealership doesn’t work for them, that’s it.

6. I have a Turismo Lusso, very happy with it despite a couple of minor niggles in the first few months. All sorted by dealer. The downside is that my local dealer went under and I now ride to Motocorsa which is a 200 mile round trip for service. Great people there though. Warranty expires in April next year, will start to DIY service at that stage.

Three continental trips in 2017, Pyrenees/Aragon, Alps and Brittany/Normandy. All great with no issues. Now on around 13,000 miles.

Cush drive rubbers do wear but less than £10 a set and easy to change.

[​IMG]

I was seriously looking at buying a DVT Multistrada, the TVL was just a curiosity that I test rode because the Multi test ride was an utter farce thanks to Riders of Bristol. The fact that my dealer was closer and so much more helpful and the bike such a hoot to ride swayed it, shame he went bust late last year.

As a two up tool the Multi would be a better bet but for solo work the MV works for me. So much has gone into it's design that you only notice when you inspect it closely. Quite happy to continue with it but the 2018 Multi might tempt me, will have a look at the NEC later this week.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well the bank funded the deal, and I send off payment tomorrow. I hear all the warnings and I genuinely appreciate the concern. Honestly for what I am paying for the bike I'm willing to bite it if it all goes awry, I have 2 years of factory warranty to make sure its sorted.
    I'm playing the odds, either MV gets its act together (and I may be in an equity position) or it doesn't and I still have a beautiful machine I got a tremendous discount on.

8. I really like the look of MVs but there wasn't a Scottish dealer when I was thinking about buying one, the closest to me was about 250 miles away. Also, I put about 9000 miles a year on my bikes and so the MV's 3800 mile service interval killed the idea for me.

On saying that, I hope you enjoy yours Mr. T.

9. Congratulations on the new bike . Love my 800 MV .

10. My biggest concern with mv's has always been that they look like claudia schiffer but then you notice a zip at the back that shows it's a body suit and diane abbott is hiding inside.

It's for that reason I will probably own one before I give up biking

I hope the bike works out for you sir and you enjoy every mile

11. Enjoy your new bike Dennis, see you on mvagusta.net :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Im already registered over there...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information