1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I May Come Back With A Diavel

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by bluey, Jun 1, 2020.

1. The Hayabusa has gone!

Here we go, Im about to jump back in :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here it is....! :astonished:

Screenshot_20200621-132835_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mate, all the conversations have been about a Diavel, not the X Diavel. Had a test ride on one and it definitely did not suit my 6ft plus frame. Most uncomfortable bike I’ve ridden, ever. Hope you get on with it. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thanks, hope i do like it, its mine now!

5. Probably explains why you thought the maintenance costs were lower than you expected, it’s an entirely different bike to the 1st gen Diavel. Andy

6. Explain? What am I in for?

7. Can anyone help me here with the hater? Its a dealer and I can always retract my payment.

8. Belt final drive and not totally sure but I think it has chain driven cams, not belt. I had the opportunity to ride an Easy Rider inspired, Triumph T110 powered chopper back in the late 70’s and hated ever minute of it. Roll forward 40 years and the Easy Rider inspired feet forward riding position still doesn’t do it for me. The X-Diavel base model Sachs suspension is, not to put too finer point on it, horrible so the test ride I had was very uncomfortable and the bike wasn’t what it purported to be. Cruiser it most definitely is not, ballistic missile it most definitely is. Andy

9. Oi, I’m not a hater, the X-Diavel is not for me. Your original question related to the Diavel which is IMO, a very different bike of which I could speak with confidence having lived with one in the family for 8 years. If the X-Diavel doesn’t deliver for you, I don’t want you coming back to me saying “you said”. Tell me you have had a test ride, please. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I tested one of each, but living with them is different, we all know that right, hence why I asked.

A reply here before said, if you can, go for the Gen 2..... So I did :joy::confused:

11. I want cruiser with a good splash of Ducati. Is this not it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I do not know of a cruiser easily capable of 80mph in 2nd gear, nor do I know of a cruiser that begs to be revved and ridden hard. IIRC, it was either at the Diavel or X-Diavel press launch debrief, the journalists were asked which one had pushed on to 150mph. When a journo owned up and asked why, his response was because the bike could do it. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  13. You do know that the XDiavel is feet forward and with the standard Diavel your feet are straight down?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neither do i! Sounds perfect :joy:

15. Yes, thats actually what I preferred

• Like Like x 2
  16. Terry, #30. Andy

17. Feet forward? Then the XDiavel is the one for you :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Phew. I was worried there!

19. Gen1 and Gen2 are both Diavels without the X
    Ignore everything I said , it doesn’t apply to the X Diavel , but I, sure you’ll get on with it just fine if you like it .
    Don’t forget the chaps and leather luggage tho

20. Ive read that Ducati make a kit to alter the pegs to a more 'normal' position so if I really dont get on with it after a couple of months I'll replace those.

No saddle bags and chaps to see here, i kinda like my skin attached.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information