1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Must Be Old - Some Bikers/motorcyclists (but Not Bootsam) Are Starting To Look Stupid To Me.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Sometimes arrogance can be a good trait...but then again...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aaaahh, so you look at them?? Nothing to be ashamed of, we all do ;)

3. God I’m on form at the mo...

“ Nurse, time for me bed bath !”

4. I'm a motorcylist, not a 'biker'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. No mate trust me here, this bloke was simply, a knob...

6. I was impressed with the multi rider who I let out and then took off at the lights in front of me
    Shame it was a white bike :D

7. Sounds like you’d definitely know how to spot one

8. Used to get similar quips from a couple of chaps at work put it down to envy can honestly say apart from punctures iveI never broken-down riding a Ducati
    Most people who critise Ducatis have never ridden one

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Wish I could say the same... in less than a year I have bought a dvt 1200 Multi which has been in the shop now for 3 weeks and they can't diagnose it, and then I bought an S4R which I have trailered home twice and limped home once on. It has only done 15,000km but is 16yrs old.
    Wearing a bit thin really, the Multi has been a terrible investment and now just dreading the next major issue.
    Both will put a big smile on your face tho when riding! Esp the monster!

11. Let’s hope it all comes good for you soon then mte... x

12. Thanks Noods! The Monster was bought as a long term keeper but the Multi was my everyday ride bike so it has been very disappointing to have to spend so much time and money fixing it. Hoping they can sort it next week and tbh they are going to reprogram and tune the ecu so it should be better than ever!
    But where I live, we have some of the best motorcycling in the world, partly cos of our mild climate, so I am actually spoilt rotten!

13. They're great little bikes!

If Ducati had just launched a "back to basics aircooled bike at an affordable price" then it would have been a lot less divisive than making it a lifestyle statement. Am I a hipster? I've always worn jeans with turn-ups because I have short legs, I started wearing checked shirts as a 16 year old grunge fan in the late 80's / early 90's and still do. I got older and grew a beard because it made my funny round head look a bit less round and I bought a Scrambler because it's frankly bloody hilarious fun to ride and makes buggered country roads and backlanes (I live in the country) an absolute blast. It does everything my Supersport does, and more besides and it looks ace.

I'll tell you what is annoying though... being a skateboarder in the 80's / 90's and being a pariah / having no skateparks and being laughed at for playing with a children's toy until my 30's... and then watching as skating becomes a lifestyle and suddenly an aspirational thing. Almost as annoying as being classified as a hipster for basically doing the same things as I've done for the last 30 years... *sigh*

Power rangers have always looked daft. Most of 'em can't ride either. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sounds like you're been unlucky at least you haven't bought a V4

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yep as long as your sensible I agree a good pair of boots and Kevlar jeans plus gloves etc I think is fine, for me personally I think when it comes to full leathers it would only be me if I did a track day.. I’m busy converting my hyper into a kinda long tracker at the mo.. so if that’s a hipster I’m well on the way..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Well, I will trickle nice'n'easy' through the traffic up to the lights, where I sit with the engine ticking over; in two piece black leathers and big buckle boots, helmet on and with military ballistic eye protection (black or orange). I don't have to blip the throttle - people hear me joining the queue before I get there. When I pull away, the only tits I see are those that feel it is necessary to outdo a Harley, so amid smoke, sreeching wheelspin (or wheelies in the case of bikes), away they go, while I leisurely roll on the twistgrip and go off cleanly, still ahead of the more sensible drivers.

AL

• Like Like x 5
  17. As a new rider I'm slightly confused, isn't the whole point of a motorcycle to go to the front of traffic? I learned to ride to commute, the joy of riding I found was an accident, it has become my life quest to get through/passed/around any traffic I come across, I am also surprised to hear people looking down on other bike owners? I'm pretty much in awe of every bike I see, no bad bikes in my opinion.

Maybe I'm in a honeymoon period?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. No ones saying it’s wrong mte to take advantage of being on a bike and using it to get past traffic, no, all for it.. it’s the manner that some, probably a small percentage at that , who it seems, have to do it in a loud “ look at me fashion” you enjoy yourself mate there’s absolutely nothing wrong in taking pride in what you do and in your bike ect..

in a similar way you will see the numptys in hot weather flying around on big bikes at speed doing wheelies in t shirt and shorts, no gloves either.. as someone said earlier great until you come off and skin yourself like a rabbit..

Also, although some car drivers get irritated at bikers weaving past the Q, at least we do not mount the pavement and simply jump the traffic lights.. ( some cyclists but not all)

I think that’s so wrong, if a cop saw a motorcyclist doing that he would throw the book at him, but a cyclist? Not even a second look...

X

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I need these people to buy all the gear, it is how I acquire my "nearly new" track equipment at a 50% discount.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Where they aware that there is race going on? :):)
    You sound like my good mate on BMW GS...he keeps banging about overtaking sport bikes.
    But yeah, I agree a lot of chaps are buying 200hp race replicas to ride B roads at moderate speeds...doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information