1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Must Be Old - Some Bikers/motorcyclists (but Not Bootsam) Are Starting To Look Stupid To Me.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Don't know about a race but they kept flying by me on the straight bits but slowing up on the bends obviously they weren't confident on corners. I'm not the world's fastest rider just keep up a fast pace

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I was reading earlier at work....yeah - definately agreed on the race rep front...im not rossi or whatever and wouldnt want anything of his or whoevers name or number plastered all of me or my bike. As for bikes...less is more for me (contradicting myself i do have an sc project themed hypermotard which i love but, i suppose thats more of a branding thing....my z1000 is de-tagged and has no stickers on it atall. rsv4 nothing apart from an IOM circuit sticker (just the black outline) KTM supermoto - one small sticker.... Leathers - all black, lid no1 all black, lid no2 stock painted shoei xspirit III. I always find bikers hanging off at 20mph corners but the bike is virtually upright...always good...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I like the look of sports bikes, have had a 916 and currently a 900ss.
    If I’m honest my riding ability is probably better suited to something like a Harley, I’m far from fast.
    Always worn leather jacket, jeans with armoured textile trousers over the top and boots gloves etc. Plain crash helmet.
    Will keep on sports bikes until I can’t, and continue to look at the engine like there’s something wrong when the other bikes pass me. :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I’m moving more this way I think tbh.. my dream of a lush 916 seems to be getting further away each day- £££££ )-:

So.....

I like trackers but Don’t like the numberboard/saddlebag on this Earle mind..

001CFF42-0D99-4669-8E3B-9CF2CAB9B038.jpeg
    Or...

6747ECD2-6361-4267-8B63-0A6A8E61E421.jpeg

X

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Guzzi’s cool IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You need skill, confidence and a thick skin to ride a Harley.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hope I didn't offend you :)

Definitely not having a go at Harleys or anything else really, I like motorbikes in general.

8. Not at all - I have a thick skin as well as a thickhead - You have to have either or be brave (for more than one reason) to ride a Harley is wot I meant.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not sure how this has turned into a brand thing, you get these riders on Ducati’s as much as any other brand.

I love Ducati but it does make me chuckle when people think the brand sets them apart. Unfortunately bellends have no restrictions and are free to buy whichever motorcycle that floats their boat.

I don’t ride a 200bhp superbike, but from my experience they can make great road/track/touring bikes. The S1000RR is arguably a better alrounder than a Multi, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Not sure about that last bit... :)

11. And a sense of humour

12. Im shallow and I would love a 200bhp bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. I like most brands, generally. I have a soft spot for gixxers, so Suzuki I love. Never owned a Yam, but I like the new R1M. Its sexy. Never liked Hondas though. Boring but I'd have an RCV :) BMW's I hate due to car brand, no other rational reason. Kwak I like as they're nuts. KTM's Ive owned and they're good quality and did its best to kill me. It would take an outrageous swedish style chopper to tempt me onto a harley. Saying that though, there's a grey bearded black dude round my way who rides a bobber and looks as cool as fuck. Guzzi's are cool tho. I'd love an old le mans. Im still lithe enough to ride superbikes, so I'll keep on until I cannot. Then I'll consider moving to an old classic Guzzi or Ducati. I just like V-Twins. However I'd happily re-tool for a nice old Triton or brit bike. For now my 916 and 1299 keep my free cash busy.

Fuck electric.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

14. I just like the way he wont leave the gixxer riders alone...funny bloke.

#54 comfysofa, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. Great briefing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information