1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Remember When I Was A Lad ( Or Lady.. Ducbird)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Sep 10, 2017.

1. A
    And a reet bunch of manly northern men you look too :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. My mate nicking some of his Dads' pipe baccy - we made a pipe out of balsa wood ( we were into making model aircraft) and retired to the den, a corrugated iron structure at the bottom of the garden to check out the adult world of pipe smoking. I can't remember how the balsa wood pipe fared but we were coughing our boots up! Being tough little bastards we thought we'd try again, but this time he nicked some green rizla's which we packed with dried oak leaves and duly sparked up. We didn't throw up, but our throats were fucked for a week! Happy days!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Blowing your own trumpet??

• Like Like x 1
  4. My brother seen down the local shops saying he had saved up for ages to buy a big bag of sweets and then showed us how much he had saved.

It as odd as it was the very same week we went decimal and all the money he had was new stuff and not old money. When we got home our mum asked who had taken money from her purse? Busted

5. Just read this whole thread from the start and most of it is just like living in modern-day Hungary :worried:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. And the amount of make believe bullets that you got hit by before finally rolling on the ground, clutching your wounds before keeling over!

A bit more serious was the caper a group of us got up to on the top of a railway embankment, kitted out with air rifles and bits of WW2 kit (tin helmets, gas masks, canvas belts) the passing goods train was imagined as a German troop carrier - so we all aimed at the guards van and fired! Just as well we were never caught!

7. Just seeing the first post noods, I used to live in Barrow in Furness....they used to have. Local fizzy drink company called marsh's....they used to have lorrys also...anyone from up there remember them?

8. In the NE we had a local fizzy drinks company called Lowcocks (http://www.joshualowcock.com/lemonade/). Loved their Lemonade and Dandelion & Burdock. They had special bottles too with their name embossed on the side and they had a Grolsch type bottle top too. :)

9. Marsh's dandelion and burdock was called "Sass"...

10. as in "sarsaparilla" ?

11. Maybe...that's what they called it though....

12. Corona pop was started by a welshman, coron is welsh for a crown hence the emblem.

13. Me too played in a band. Bugle & Fife. This was Ramsagate Sea Cadets Nov. 1967 o_Oo_Oo_O

1967 remembrance day minster (3).jpg

Just noticed the rope tension drums !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. 3AED1612-A580-4784-957C-258F242CF7EE.jpeg Getting your dad to fill up at an Esso garage so you could collect the 3d wildlife cards.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ringing the operator on 100 for a reverse call charge to your Mam to say you had lost ( spent ) your bus fare home.
    Eastchurch 376 !

• Like Like x 1
  16. quatermass

17. Butchers don't sell tripe as dog food anymore.

18. Was it meant for dog food then........................oh! shit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. When I was a kid, my brother and I had to feed the dog everyday. He got canned food, which we thought smelled pretty darn good. He was also allowed to run around the neighborhood and was our constant companion. My dogs now get raw food bought from local companies that sell it as pet food...stinky tripe too. Grocery stores sell it as people food. It's white and doesn't have an odor AND it's expensive. I bought it once at $6.00 a pound and the dogs wouldn't touch it. They much prefer the stinky stuff. The best part? Their shit don't stink and there's far less of it compared to kibble fed dogs(been there). Sometimes though, in a pinch, I will serve them canned food. Open a can and the smell triggers memories of our buddy and occasionally walking in the house with poo on our shoes.

20. When I was young, our German Shepherd was fed chicken lights from the local farm. My dad's choice, it was cheap.

There wasn't a single aspect of any of that which did not stink to high heaven but then, I was mainly responsible for the dog, not my parents. What did they care?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information