1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Remember When I Was A Lad ( Or Lady.. Ducbird)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Iirc, lights are lungs.
    Wouldn't have thought chicken lungs were terribly large or did you cook up a load at a time??

2. Have you tried tripe Faith ?

3. That's what we called them, "lights". They were basically innards.

4. I have not tried it.

5. Our cat used to get lights cooked up for him. Don't know what animal they were from but they were pretty big.
    The other thing he got boiled up for him was ''pluck". Anyone know what that is??

6. Used to feed the great danes packet tripe mostly in the first year to help with their growth spurts, absolutely minging, their poops were mostly green

7. Left over school dinners went into big metal bins for pig swill

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Does it look like a balloon knot?

9. I can remember a local farmer who used to arrive at our school to collect all the leftover dinners - he was quite a character, whatever the weather he would be dressed the same, wellies, cord trousers and a shirt that had no buttons. His hair was like a hay rick and he smelt of pig shit. Rumour was he lived in the barn. Still, his pigs were well fed!

10. Don’t think so

11. You haven't missed much Faith the best bits were the onions that were fried with it :confused:

12. You really wouldn't want to try, and they've made it look half presentable in this pic below

[​IMG]

HTTP3d3dy5qdWxpYW5mcm9zdC5jby5uei93b3JrL3NreXBlZW1vdGljb25zL2ltYWdlcy9wdWtlLmdpZgloglog.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Don't know what your missing @El Toro :)
    If you think that looks unattractive you should see it before it's bleached :neutral:

14. Thinking more about it, pluck is heart.
    Our Siamese used to love it!

15. Our Siamese liked the chicken bits, too. Smelly-breathed thing!

16. My guess was wrong then.

17. Magazine road tests gave two top speeds. Prone and upright.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disco 45 magazine - the words to loads of chart songs. Working as a paperboy 6 mornings a week for 15 shillings (75p). Having the blackboard rubber, launched by a teacher and, bounced off my head at school - that explains a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wacky Races..... with the same background going past over and over again...

20. How many ran, whilst making the six million dollar man running music noises?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information