1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Remember When I Was A Lad ( Or Lady.. Ducbird)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Sep 10, 2017.

1. .............in slowmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Remember feeding the pigs boxes of out of date dried baby food - took bloody ages opening the packets and mixing up

3. No not me.... I was into Wonder Woman... x

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. She remembers you well ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. She’s still on the bedroom wall I think back home at Mums... along with Stef McLean Olivia Newtron Bomb a TZ 350 ? And of course the West Ham 70s line up.... x

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trevor Brooking falling over, the ball hitting his head and going into the goal in the FA cup final against the Gooners. CMYI.

7. 13 years old, wearing my "elephant bell bottom" corduroy pants and marshmallow soled platform shoes-looking cool. Running down the street, one bell wrapped around the other leg causing me to land on my face. Painful and embarrassing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ha yeah... I was at that game in 1980 and 75 v Fulham and sadly in Cardiff 2006 the Gerraaaaard final... x

• Like Like x 1
  9. I remember about as a 14 year old me and me chums riding our bikes for miles on school holidays from dark till dark.. used to tie the fishing rods on the bikes crossbar.. one day after a long down hill my rod had worked itself forward and the next corner when I tried to turn the handle bar no go! Had a huge off... x

10. My brother and I used to rides our bikes with our rods and fish at the nearest pond too. I also had a similar bicycle accident when I was 10, no fishing rods involved this time...
    On my brand new Huffy 3 speed (I asked Santa for a 10 speed, no dice). Took it for a ride down the biggest hill in the neighborhood. Front wheel turned when it hit a rock and violently threw me off. Slid quite a ways on my hands-Superman style. Blood seeped through the freshly torn holes in my knit Christmas mittens. Another painful embarrassing moment in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Meccano and Scaletrix Monte Carlo Rally

• Like Like x 1
  12. The clapometer on Opportunity knocks... dodgy or what?

The original bag of salt in the packet of plain crisps...

13. Balsa wood airplanes.

Spending hours building one, winding up the prop to tighten the elastic band to power it, letting it go for it to soar into the sky ..........................only to crash to the ground; breaking into 100, un-fixable, pieces!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes I remember them too great times... I was never any good with the tissue paper... mine rarely got out of my bedroom either.. and when they did I would wind the band up so tight it would snap the aeroplanes spine...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. My bedroom ceiling used to look like this too... dusty airfix dogfights ...

7BC55308-D4D6-4139-87CB-6B062F2810C6.jpeg

16. Always nose-first as well.......

• Like Like x 2
  17. I remember late primary school.. We used to sit on a long bench table with the teacher sitting on one end, guess 20 kids on there.. one day I dropped my pencil and went under the table to find it.. I found it without problem but also discovered the view up Miss Norris’s skirt was like too.. I think she was my first crush.. strangely I often dropped my pencil from that day onwards...

I’m hoping a Miss Norris is not a Ducati nut who visits a fabulous
    Forum ( Exige??? ) mind you at my age now she would be fairly senior I guess.. but you never know.... x

18. She'd surely be Hell T's age bye now - well past her sell by date :thinkingface:

19. So two years older than you?

20. Who remembers Bernie and his bolt?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information