1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Back .........

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JenC, Sep 8, 2017.

1. We all feel so helpless when obviously good people are having problems and there is nothing that we can really do except wish them the very best-so here is mine.
    Might indeed be therapeutic to write on the forum how you are getting on and lots of us will be pleased to hear of your progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. You don't need to think or concentrate. When you read what he speaks of you will understand it deep down. I highly recommend it. I too was depressed and was given this info by my doctor.

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Hey,if we can,we'll be there :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Might be a bit awkward at the moment as Jen only has one boob for now :p

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  5. Nipple and underarm hair? :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oi!! I'll have you know my armpits are hair-free thank you :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi Jen, you've been through it girl. There's a lot of love for you on here and it's really good that you sought it out. Something that's important to realise is that the love isn't here for you because we're nice people, it's because you are.

Good luck with your therapy today.

8. And mine thanks to the radiotherapy :upyeah::grinning:

9. Thanks Wally, sat here trying to think up excuses not to go this afternoon. Not looking forward to it is a massive understatement.

• Love You Love You x 2
  10. Awww Jen I can't begin to imagine how your feeling
    I had a bit of counselling in hospital it took a couple months to accept some just to keep me positive
    There are so many places I don't want to go to and I found my first session emotionally hard work I couldn't stop crying

I will be willing you on this afternoon
    We are all behind you
    Xx

11. Even if someone isn't suffering from anxiety, therapy can be a scary thought. Especially if you have no experience of it. Your anxiety will be multiplying that fear, but that's why your going, right? It's your therapists job to make it a safe experience for you although it may be challenging. But your therapist is 100% on your side.

I don't have any training in EMDR but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Big hug.

12. I know,I have to go....and I will :upyeah:

13. Already had five sessions to get to what therapy I needed....they were awful and spent nearly every one of them in tears.
    This will be the first EMDR session.
    Thanks hun x

14. Absolutely that is terrible, female under arm hair that is :D

Glad to see the positivity that's being shown by people in understandably difficult times and the support the forum offers. It reminds you that every now and again bad things can happen to good people and we can do more to help even if it is just listening and offering support where possible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. I had a google of EMDR very interesting and I'm looking forward to your posting of how you got on with it
    Xx

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. :heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Sorry Keith, just thought I'd join in, nothing to worry about.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Well my sixth session today comprised of a complete recap of the last five sessions, as it's been such a long gap between them.
    So the EMDR will start in earnest next Thursday and every Thursday after that, up to twelve sessions.

• Like Like x 2
  19. How you feeling about it all
    Xx

20. It's something that's got to be done so that I can get my life back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information