1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Back .........

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JenC, Sep 8, 2017.

1. :heart:

2. How did it go yesterday Jen x

3. Apparently I need more counselling before the therapy can start. :confused:
    We were set to start it but there is a set list of questions to answer first and because my answers weren't the norm, she concluded that I need more counselling.
    I suppose I should be grateful that she's being so thorough in trying to sort my head out.

• Love You Love You x 2
  4. So are they saying you're too messed up for therapy? :astonished:
    If it was me I think I'd have felt a mix of relief, disappointment and frustration. I guess I t's just their process. Hang on in there.

5. Basically, yes.
    But I know my therapist has got her hands full with me :p

6. Hey JenC, how's it going with the therapy?

7. Hopefully starting the EMDR in the next couple of weeks, my therapist has come to the conclusion that I need a bit more counselling first :confused:

8. My own post-operative recovery hasn't given me more determination, its more of a calm feeling. I must enjoy life when not suffering bouts of migraines & the like. It's not inspired me to chase different outlooks more complete little ambitions before another digit is added to life. You JenC & DucBird & Sam1199S are all in my thoughts.

• Love You Love You x 2
  9. Hang in there Jen.It must be frustrating at times.It certainly isnt a quick fix but Im sure you ll get there in the end.One day at a time.One day at a time.xx.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. I was thinking about you this morning Jen I wrote my post and then forgot to find this post to see how you were doing

11. I think about both of you often, usually in the shower (together) o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Ya Nu Nu

13. :eyes:

14. I'm really interested and have loads of questions but the last thing you probably need is another f'ing counsellor in your head. :)
    Have they explained the process to you and why your answers to their questionnaire led them to the decision you need more counselling?

15. I'm sorry to hear of your condition Jen and don't want to sound like I'm giving online diagnostic help ! But have you looked at hyperbaric oxygen therapy? (HBOT). I'm a huge fan and still go fortnightly to reduce pain and inflammation but I know it's used with great success for ptsd etc

I go to a chamber at my local MS centre and the initial 'intense' 20 session cost under £200 with one off sessions £15 (so don't think it's prohibitively expensive )

Anyway maybe worth researching if you haven't already

Some light reading on the subject can be found on the web But might be worth a look

16. How're you doing, honeybun?

17. Sorry guys, just been sort of keeping my head down and trying to get on with things.
    My counselling will be coming to an end soon, 12 sessions is all you're allowed and I have three left. It doesn't look as if I'll be getting EMDR after all, and I have to wait three months before I can get any more counselling. So I'm at a bit of a loss, I don't really feel that the counselling has been a huge help and I think she's trying to push CBT onto me, which will not work for me.
    Just have to see what happens. I won't give up at the moment, and I know there are people out there a lot worse off than me. Whereas before I used to be able to give myself a kick up the arse to get on with things, I can't seem to do that anymore. So frustrating.

• Love You Love You x 2
  18. (Need a 'sympathetic' and a 'frustrating' emoji pack!)
    Still thinking of you.

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Oh hunny wish there was something I could say or do
    It’s proper crazy this being ill rubbish
    My thoughts are with you
    Would it help to keep chatting here I found the guys good here
    Hang on in there Jen something will click eventually :heart::heart:

• Love You Love You x 2
  20. Forum Doctor to the rescue !! Take 2, it'll all be reet butt :upyeah::p

ed5e58ac05bbea2ffdeb637485b6da11--funny-slogans-man-up.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information