1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wear Glasses - Which Helmets Work?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by MotoNik, Mar 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Update. Just tried the bins on with my HTC (which I rarely wear). Also fine. Think it might be because the glasses arms are narrow. Pic attached. they are Calvin Klein (ooo get me) Titanium frames. IMG_1704.JPG

2. Any helmet you like..
    Get a pair af clear and a pair of sunglasses cheap from glasses direct or the like, cut off the bit that goes behind your ear leaving the bit that goes on top, finished off the end with heat shrink sleeve for added comfort, job done, easy on with any helmet:upyeah::bucktooth:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I recently changed from Arai to Xlite and normally wear glasses for riding.

The Xlite makes them a tighter fit but still OK as long as the glasses are not thick/inflexible but it does tend to fog them up more than the Arai even in warm weather at standstill but I think this is mainly due to the (removable) chin padding creating a better seal.

All in though I rate the Xlite higher than the Arai, being more comfortable, (a little) quieter and above all much lighter, it was also significantly cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Old thread revival.
    Picked up my new specs from opticians today. When choosing them I stipulated they needed to be comfy to wear with my helmet.
    They recommended Flexon which are light and thin with “memory” metal. Not cheap but....
    Just tried with my tightest helmet (X Lite 803). Wow. Cannot feel them at all. Fantastic and now dead chuffed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Most flip front lids are good for glasses wearers. You can pull them apart slightly as you put them on and it makes it easy going over glasses. FWIW, my last 4 helmets have been Schubert C3/C3 Pro and I've no real intention of going anywhere else (although I might try the Shoei equivalent at some point). Adv style peaks give me neck ache at speed when I turn my head. Most flip fronts have built in sun visors so I've never needed one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. which frame did you get?

7. image.jpg
    Flexon 606 with variafocal lenses.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Always take my helmet with me when picking frames.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information