1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ian Hutchinson.. Is He Mad?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Noods, Jun 5, 2018.

1. dear Hutchie is he just incredibly brave and deserves our praise or his he mad.. if you read this artical you will understand where I’m coming from... Brilliant guy, brilliant TT racer and god I hope he doesn't hurt himself anymore..

Ian Hutchinson: This is why TT riders are not like normal people http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44083363

• Like Like x 3
  2. He was at the Bahnstormer BMW Maidenhead open day last August doing some promo work. The poor bugger couldn’t stand up for more than 2 minutes, his leg was covered up in bandages and he looked very, very tired. He happily took pictures with all and sundry and chatted to everybody without any issue.

To get back on a bike to ride the TT less than a year after defies all logic. An utter nutcase and a lovely bloke to boot. Good luck to him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was next to him at Mallory couple of weeks ago he couldn't even stand up but was lapping Mallory on both superbike and super stock bike, bloody rapid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Such a committed man. He’s just nuts.
    I can’t even begin to imagine the pain he has endured.

5. The extent of the injury’s he’s suffered in his career so far you have to say he’s likely to suffer more in later life as he and his bones get older...

6. Torn,as a fan we need Hutchy.
    As a motorcyclist,please stop old chap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Once he retires I reckon the leg will be gone. Horrible thing to say and write , but he’s always said he’s persevered with the leg to enable him to continue racing.
    Tough , tough cookie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think if I read it correctly the BBC post said he’s re grown 8 inches of bone over the many breakages he’s had ... the piece about the plaster cast being too thick made me think of Randolph Feinnes and his fingers, a I’m not being beaten by anyone guy...

9. Amazing strength of character but I really think the medical team at the TT shouldn’t have allowed him to race given the state of his leg.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Talent, grit, determination, courage and tenacity. He's doing what he loves. Good luck to him.

I'dve quit after his first, if I'd lasted that long.

• Like Like x 2
  11. He makes professional footballers look like pussies can't wait for world cup

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. massive fan very like what he represents:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is it worth it though? The rush, the fame, the money... when you can’t walk or wipe your ass or whatever at 60. Or when you die and leave your family behind.

14. I personally find the top end road racers almost god like in the amount of information they can process at those speeds and be totally fearless with it. However it'll only take one slip up (and probably not a very big spill) for him to loose his leg/foot - i almost feel like saying to the bloke "dont, just leave it, youve made your point.." but, as he said that doesnt matter....as always its all about winning and thats what drives them and reading the bbc article with him stating "lifes a challenge isnt it?" too fucking true....if he makes it to a ripe old age he'll have some stories to tell and, when that time comes for me id love for my body to be well, used, quite knackered and in a worse state of wear (and im well on the way to that i think)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. He may well be mad, but the governing body are even madder allowing these guys to race carrying such injuries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. When you see the bike going through all the regulation checks etc before it’s allowed to race and then they give a guy albeit a luvly one permission to race when he’s obv not fit... that’s crazy imo..

• Like Like x 1
  17. At least he was knew he couldn’t ride that fast and was moving over to let quicker riders thru

18. Absolutely, the organisers must realise they have a duty of care to everyone involved including the riders.
    It’s ok saying we are the iom and have our own rules but this is 2018 and certain risks must be managed.
    We all know the guy wants to race and he’s had terrible luck with his injuries but it’s too much too soon.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information