1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iceland Holiday

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by laava, Feb 10, 2019.

1. We used Cheapjeeps for our vehicle hire. Good service and sensible over damage etc. The winds are strong enough to rip car doors off so always park into the wind or at very least be very careful in high winds. Crushed door/limbs all to easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. [​IMG]

A selection of common Iceland traffic signs.

The blue sign top left is the speed limit guide. It’s common to see just the siloettes top right when the speed limit changes. If you’re leaving a built up area and it’s a sealed road and your in a car out of town it’s 90 k’s, if you’re entering a build up area you’ll see the town sign which means it’s 50 k’s.

Signs showing a 4x4 mean the roads for real 4wd’s only, not those Dacia Dusters in the Icelandic hire centres.

#23 J0n3s, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  3. Personally I prefer Farmfoods, but each to their own.

4. That sign bottom left, is that "watch out for inbreds driving in the middle of the road"?

5. Sorry to thread dredge but just thought I would thank you all for your advice, we had a ball and although it is a "oncer" it was well worth it! We had pre booked a self drive tour and had a Kia Rio, all accom and breakfast( which we made the most of) and found the icelandics friendly and helpful. IMG_1595.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1599.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1601.JPG IMG_1602.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1604.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  6. I have a (small) Icelandic claim to fame.
    I have climbed the highest mountain on the Iceland icecap. Twice the height of Ben Nevis. Crampons, ropes and ice axes a must.
    Happy days.
    Ps this was a lifetime ago

• Like Like x 2
  7. C7A9898E-F336-44C4-931A-78B4916D396F.jpeg Triggered some good mems from my visit a few years ago. April not a good month to do it on bikes though:astonished:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information