1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd Like To Acknowledge Biketrac Customer Care

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, May 26, 2022.

1. Through various misadventures, some of my own doing, I’ve claimed for total loss and few times, some crash damaged, one stolen and my experience is the protected no claims bonus is a stealth tax, your insurance is going to go up anyway because you made a claim, you never lose all your NCB (if you have a wedge to begin with) you’ll lose 3yrs worth which in my case has never resulted in anything nearing a £100 increase the following year.
    Obviously everyone’s situation is different, I’m old(er), I live in a favourable postcode (apparently), keep it in a garage, and I don’t own £20-30k motorcycles, but for me PNCB doesn’t add up.

As for trackers, Do Biketrac or datatool etc actually send the heavy’s round to get you bike back? Because if your relying on the police then good luck with that, I think vehicle theft is low on their agenda and it’s insured anyway so your going to get paid out so no one looses, apparently.
    And what these devises save you on insurance will take years to recoup on what they cost to buy.

that’s certainly my experience, I had a bike stolen, long before the days of trackers but the DVLA kept me updated on the whereabouts of my bike when someone tried to apply for a log book for it. I obviously gave all these details to the police so effectively the same as if it had a tracker and they didn’t do anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 7C5ABF7C-B709-44CE-ACC9-D4CCE155201C.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. As someone else experienced, I called Bemoto back last month (a day after sorting insurance on the SF) to advise them it had both Datatag and Biketrac, discount as a consequence…..£7.

Hadn’t really thought about it but if my bike gets stolen it impacts my NC’s does it? Not like an “at fault accident”, so if so I can’t imagine it jacks it up horrifically. Then again, few can explain insurance profiling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unfortunately I had a total loss (theft) on my V4R last year. It had a Biletrac fitted but it took the scrotes all of 18 minutes from first lifting the bike to find it and rip it out. Hence no recovery and the total loss claim.

Whilst I have 9 years PNCB I have been spanked mercilessly both on my multi-bike and multi-car policies.

All I would say is that the Biketrac log (until ripped-out) did provide an incontrovertible audit trail for my claim. Not to be easily discounted as it meant the claim process was relatively painless.

5. A friend of mine had one fitted to his lovely Pani. Bike was stolen in Central London, he saw it put into a van from a distance. Tracker activated and my mate called police immediately, he gave them a running commentary of where the Bike was going all the way to Limehouse Link, a journey of nearly an hour and then the signal was lost forever. The whole time the police said they had no units to assist during the entire phone call, so it has its good points, but unfortunately with the lack of police resources available there is little chance of an interception by Police, very few police cars have the tracking tech onboard.

6. ^ this is a big problem nationally, and I bet most criminals know it :(

7. And naughty speeding motorists.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information