1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Identification

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Nevstah, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Hi all, I'm happy with my bike, no issues, but I've noticed the v5 isn't right.
    It's originally a jap import, first registered Nov 2005, standard 999 mono with a grey frame and swinging arms. The V5 says it's a 2 seater.
    How can i identify/confirm it is actually a 2005 mono and not something else that's been converted at some point in its life or if it's a V5 error? Will the frame/engine number help me?

2. Contact Ducati

• Like Like x 1
  3. V5's are often strewn with errors. Relax, poor a glass of your favourite and just bask in the beauty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks.. will do.. not stressing just wasn't sure if Ducati UK would be interested. Contact my local main dealer?

6. Best to contact Italy direct. I can’t remember the name of the lady that deals with this kind of thing but I’m sure someone will be along soon that will be able to help :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks!

8. My 999 V5 showed it as a biposto but I had the customer order paperwork showing it was supplied as a mono from the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is the Ducati contact email address I have used successfully in the past:
    [email protected] .
    On occasions, I received an email reply or a nice lady called "Bobbie" has telephoned me, to discuss the matter I had raised.
    Also, armed with the V5c in your name showing the VIN, a Ducati dealership may be able to access the bike specification directly?
    Hope it helps.
    Tom.

#9 RTD, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information