1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If There Is A God, Why Do You Do This?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Can’t sleep.. hoped football today might take my mind off things but then really how could it..

Recieved terrible news earlier Saturday, yesterday, my beloved Sis in law, 51 yrs old, she’s been battling cancer for two years now with constant radiology and operations etc and just when they thought she was coming to the end of her treatment they found a lump behind one of her eyes, yes cancerous. She again had radiology treatment on the eye but yesterday we were told she will be blind in both eyes by the end of the year, there’s nothing more they can do to save her sight..

She’s always been like the best Sister I could wish for, 40 years of friendship and Sisterly luv.. early issues meant she couldn’t have the family she dreamt of and trust me she owns the finest heart I’ve ever seen, always helping others and gives her everything before ever thinking of herself..

I just so wish I could give her my life so she could continue hers as she so deserves..

It so annoys me that there’s people in prisons who have committed the most heinous crimes who live to be 100 and then the good ones in life who have to struggle in constant pain etc..

I will of course be there for her in every way I can be, I just wish I could swap her lot for mine... x

• Like Like x 2
  2. That is heartbreaking mate, make sure you are around in good condition to help, we all know you will

All the best to your sister in law and you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Jesus

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Pretty rough huh. I met a lady last night, she is 47 and was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis as a young child. Her parents were told she wouldn't make double figures and then said she would not live to be an adult.
    TBH she looks very unwell at the moment and think she may only have months to go. My commiserations to you and yours. Sad.

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. :( mate

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. That’s awful. Stay strong for your sis.

This sounds trivial, but I watched After Life on Netflix recently. It’s a dark comedy about a guy trying to cope with the death of his wife. Made me laugh and cry at the same time, but also had a really powerful message that help puts things in perspective. Well worth a watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I really Feel for you mate, life always deals a shitter to those who least deserve it....as for there being a god, after recent global events i think the jury is out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Her partner ( he’s a traditional boat builder) has just about finished their dream houseboat called ‘halfcut’ it’s made from half the hull off another disused boat, beautiful with oak planked deck and floors, spiral staircase, hand built kitchen units, wood burner etc.. it was floated last summer.. Jonathan is also the skipper of a Thames barge which they race in the season.. it’s highly doubtful she will be able to cope with halfcut or the sailing side of things soon, hence she told me yesterday as she sobbed her heart out she feels shes destroying their relationship and life by having this condition.. hopefully not but it could be even worse too, I know that’s hard to believe but, although they found a cancerous lump there they are saying they believe she carry’s wickerdons ( I think that’s what she called it) desease genes, if that’s proved to be correct her Sister, Mrs N could also carry it, and then of course there’s my Daughter CJ.. it’s a condition which can jump generations so it’s possible she might hopefully not carry it.. please please please.. x

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. No words Noods. Sorry mate. Be strong for her, she’ll need you around fella.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Be strong in hard times Noods, I know you will be!
    My thoughts are with you and your family...

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. Life can and does suck sometimes. Enjoy life as much as possible. See your friends and good family as much as possible.
    Went to 2 funerals last Friday; a morning one then one in the afternoon. One lady was elderly the other 52. Both ill very quickly, then gone.
    Makes you appreciate what you have and who you love.

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. I feel for you Noods, knowing you are looking after yourself and there for her when she needs you will be a welcome comfort to her.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. What bad news Noods. I guess she lives reasonably close by you, so you will be able to help her & her husband deal with this setback.

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Life deals a shit hand sometimes. Not much else I can add but thanks to the good guys and gals out there that help people thru these things.

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Bugger all I can say to help,Noods.Have a man hug,all the same.Even if you dont feel like it,be strong for your sis.If/when it gets a bit on top,come on here and have a go at us lot,if you think itll help.

16. Yes mte.. I will do, Jonathan is not her husband mind she’s never married.. she’s scared witless now that he might leave her and she will be on her own... He won’t his a wonderful lad but I can understand her fear.. Her eyesight has deteriorated just over the last month, she’s lost her peripheral vision already and will have to stop driving soon..

When she was about 17!i think she was a catwalk model she went out in a friends car, before it was law to wear seat belts, they were involved in a head on crash and she was thrown through the windscreen.. she needed nearly 400 stitches on her face alone, inside her mouth etc.. even up too last year she regularly gets pieces of glass rising up to the surface of her skin in the form of a lump.. this is what the surgeon thought she had behind her eye this time but no not this time..

I remember going to see her in hospital and walked into the ward looked about and walked out asking the nurse where’s our Biscuit please? ( Biscuit tin = Lynne) she said at the end of the ward where you’ve just come from, I’d not recognised her at all, I was mortified, her face was literally twice the size it should have been etc..

She’s a fighter for she then became a pro make up artist which enabled her to cover her scars well. She later went on to become a Virgin Atlantic make up stewardess travelling the world in business and first class providing make up for the well healed..

What a girl.. x

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks mte appreciate.. but I’d never have a go with anyone it’s against my nature, only myself perhaps.. x

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Really sorry to hear this. You be there for her. Be strong for her. You are a good person and I know you will support her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information