1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If....... Top 3?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Feb 17, 2019.

1. I’m really not one for hard work

Been an engineer , gardener , groom , now I do planned maintenance

If I could have been bothered
    1. Architect (like both my parents)
    2. Racehorse trainer / breeder
    3. Designer of some sort

Master plan still to open my shop at some point selling stuff

I work hard but I’m inherently lazy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I might be in the minority but i do still enjoy my job after 20 years (sys admin)...but, id say...

1. Bike mechanic. Nothing better than pulling stuff apart, and fixing stuff (which is what i do at work - just with networks and computers)
    2. Speed skater. Sounds weird but, i used to live down the ice rink from the age of about 12 to 24. Without blowing my own trumpet i was pretty quick (On hockeys) - reckon i could have taken it further.
    3. Builder....renovated 2 houses and thoroughly enjoyed it (hard work but very rewarding) - love to do it for a job.

The poster that said a fighter pilot....we had an engineer at work whose boyfriend was training to be fighter pilot....he came to the pub on the friday with bloodshot eyes, broken nose and covered in bruises....we had to ask. He had "evasion training" where he had to avoid capture and was told if he got caught they'd "go to town on him"....which they did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 1. Civil engineer, you know the kind that designs bridges and big stuff. That's got to be so interesting.
    2. Rally Driver - it just seems cooler than track racing but still pays well.
    3. Plumber - Around here there's as much work as you want, maybe too much as most don't even answer their phones. Must be the easiest way not to have a boss!

I'm currently an Accountant and have been for nearly 30 years. Can be interesting depending on what's going on that day. I've worked in very different industries which makes it interesting too (Energy, Commodity Trading and now Healthcare). Running a business is so complicated these days! I don't mind it but after so long it's hard to see it as a "dream job".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Whatever floats your promenade goat;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Still enjoy my job after nearly 30 years.
    We do safety systems for oil rigs and the like.

1. Fireman. No chance due to eyesight, blind in one eye.
    2. Mechanic. Always liked (trying to) fixing things.
    3. Err....

• Like Like x 1
  6. If nothing else it’s good hearing what everyone does for a living... x

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Builder, I don't do the plumbing or electrical but I do everything else, tiling, glazing, roofing, furniture if required, concrete, blocks and bricks, etc.
    Some of these things I only do on my own projects, not for pay.

1, forensic scientist
    2, motorbike mechanic
    3, muff diver (I can breathe thru me ears!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. You can help me with the Muff diving. Passing equipment and the like!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I should have been a German Washing Machine Repair Man with my large.........

.........moustache.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Retired from oil industry and subsequently a sports car manufacturer.
    1. Mathematical Physicist
    2. Cosmologist
    3. Pianist

11. 1. Falconer for one of the Arab Sheiks.
    2. Cabinetmaker/French Polisher.
    3. Farrier.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information