1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 I'm A Dufus.. Washed Bike, Now Won't Start

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by rainbow-walker, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Doesn’t help you now but I remember being told 20 years ago never to use a pressure washer on a motorcycle. The guy was deadly serious & so I never have, it just scared me!

2. Perfect
    Perfect, thanks for this, Im referencing this thread, which I think is from you http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/30470-melcodiag-diagnostic-software-1199-a.html. Just browsing the various sites to get what I need ordered, I also need a VM machine on my macbook to support windows but dont mind getting that as there are a few bits of software that I'd like to run that are PC only.

:upyeah:

RBW.

3. Haha, yes I've heard the scare stories and have two different washers, a mains powered karcher which I use for the car and a battery powered portable washer that is useful for mountainbikes and such like. I've used both on the bike, but more recently have used the battery powered washed. The only reason I used the Karcher was that the bike was (for me) filthy and needed a good clean.

I'm still not 100% convinced that the issue was water ingress, the intermittent nature of it makes me suspicious that something is going to fail. Having said that, Im quite happy to get the software and cables to be able to investigate the error code as think that will help me.

RBW.

4. Are your electrics showing nothing odd? Lights & dash working, particularly indicators, that sort of thing. Regulator/rectifier failures are common on some (I’ve had the problem twice now) & it can lead to starter failure too?

5. Nope, all fine. I need to read the codes logged to see what has been flagged and suspect @khmer1199 is on the money with the BBS connections.

RBW.

6. With the correct cables in-hand and the software loaded, you shouldn't have any problems connecting to the bike. Some have experienced connection problems and traced the issue back to the ELM unit which was purchased. There appears to be some cheap imitations floating around on the market. The scanner that I'm using was purchased from OBD Innovations. However, their website has shown the unit on back order for months. If you have trouble locating a suitable scanner, or if you're a bit leery about the $10.00 scanners from China found on Ebay, contact JP (MelcoDiag's author) or visit his forum to get a lead on where to purchase an appropriate unit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information