1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm At Almeria For 4 Days

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 9, 2022.

1. Thank you, very kind.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I really need to book a European trackday, how to broch it to the wife.. I know its been mentioned on other threads but its definitely got me thinking x4 UK trackdays must equal x1 euro getaway. Something to think about for next yr

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Think they tend to be email and word of mouth

4. Glad you’re proving the doubters wrong Andy. Always said nothing wrong with we’ll set up multi as a good track bike. Bear in mind the doubters probably haven’t even ridden one ;)

5. Do have to keep the 'Polite' vest on whilst on track? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Search on FB. Andy

7. Currently about 26/27. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just back from a 3-day weekend at Portimao with Redline; the temperature there was cracking flags. Hate to think how hot it will be later in the season.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Defo. And high viz: don’t forget the hi viz!

• Like Like x 1
  10. How did you find them? Did one of their first and it was a good one: decent organisation, free end of day beer!

11. Only if you want a zombie-knife in between your ribs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I thought Redline were much slicker than FE on organisation and information distribution. Having indemnity forms, timetables and itineraries in advance was great; as was the ability to sign-on the night before at the hotel.

Everything with FE is so last minute.

On the minus side Redline must have the worlds smallest stillages.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Day 2, another sh*t day in paradise :joy:
    20220510_152054.jpg
    15F/43R sprockets mean I can power out of 90% of the bends in 3rd but it also means I'm topping out at 135mph maybe 140mph on the 0.9km back straight. Brembo M4's with SR's are awesome and being slower, I'm braking at the150m board so the riders who overtook me and started to brake at the 200m board find I'm still there alongside them at the turn in point :D The one really down point is the fuel consumption, probably low 20's to the gallon. The 2 of us have already gone through over 50 litres between us and it's only day 1 and a half. Not to rub it in, having a great time. Andy

#33 Android853sp, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Wait until Greta finds out!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have convinced Mrs R that riding euro tracks keeps me fit and lean (well, sort of not fat) and she is up for that uncharacteristic interest in my own health.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. A garage partner. Andy
    20220510_201527.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. No transponders on offer, just use your own method for capturing times. About a third of the paddock use high end after market lap timers instead of their bike's on board timer. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. The price for a dda gps unit is ridic for my 1299. So, Ill just guess my times as I'll forget to hit the flash button anyways. Besides if I can get within 10mins of wsbk times, I'll consider that an achievement.

I guess I could velcro a stop watch to the yoke.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I think @Cream_Revenge still uses Harry’s timer app on his phone in his pocket and swears by it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I can't recall exactly how, but I did find a way of logging into the FE timing platform...:eyes:. (MYLaps app possibly)
    Last time I went they (FE) were publishing the times twice a day...This may have changed, as Kev has a habit of listening to his inner chimp and just changing stuff at will.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information