1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm At Almeria For 4 Days

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 9, 2022.

1. Nope, Starlane now.

2. Day 3 and it's 24 degrees, again :joy: Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot have fun on a Multistrada :D Andy
    20220511_123403.jpg 20220511_123349.jpg

#42 Android853sp, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. End of the next session after I took those pictures, the rear was absolutely wrecked. Bit of a drama ensued, got the wheels off for new tyres to be fitted and I checked the front brake pads :scream: about 50 microns of material left. Got spare pads for Carole but not me. Fortunately someone had spares. Bring on tomorrow. Andy

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Sound like your having a ball mate!!

5. Mate, I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying this track holiday. I'm having just the best time :D Andy

• Like Like x 5
  6. You're making me excited for my 1st euro away day to Almeria soon. How old were your pads? Mine are newish, about 1k miles on them since bought and fitted last yr.

Ive replaced my brake fluid, which to be fair needed doing. It looked like my piss 1st thing in the morning.

I drop bike at mates ready for pick up to take to stillage on Sat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just to give you an idea of what you will put your bike through on track, compared to road riding. After a four day event I would expect to change oil and filter, front pads and fluid. I would check fork fluid and replace after next event. Chain needs constant attention at the track, but probably not replacement.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I carried out a service myself. Oil, filter, Fluids, checked pads etc. Made sure, (as best I could) that the effin fairing screws are on to spec. Torqued up to spec that which I'd undone in process. New tryes fitted. Removed and refitted rearsets and loctited em.

All thats left to do, is remove mirrors and do whats required to 1299 lights. Which I assume is just remove fuse from fusebox 2.

9. Take some duct tape and cable ties, you will be amazed how much of your bike does not return to the pits.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Not allowed to take consumables for some reason. ie duct tape and zip ties.

11. Just stick them in your hand luggage.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Do what ??
    Whos said that ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. upload_2022-5-12_11-14-28.png

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. Pads were brand new, managed about 300 miles to sub 1mm thickness. The back straight I'm braking from about 140/150mph to 35mph for a 90 degree right hander. I start braking at 175/150m marker board. Take a spare set with you in your hand luggage. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ordered some new ones Andy. I dont want the event spoilt due to poor prep by me. If I dont need them? I prob will soon after when I return. Thanks.

16. Sounds like a good weekend away...:astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Thanks for the dislike guys, but I never wrote the rules there. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think the dislikes were aimed at FE's interpretation of the regulations; not you personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sadly it is day 4, the last day of the holiday. The weather continues to be blue sky and 26 degrees. The rear Metzeler at 190/55 actually turned out to be better than the 200/60, a bit quicker to turn which suited the track. The (scrounged) SBS pads are not as good as the Brembo SR's but more than adequate. Managed over 500 track miles in the 4 days which should tell the story, this is THE bike for me :D Andy

• Like Like x 8
  20. @bootsam I always take a spare set of pads, you may or may not use them, but you'll need them at some point. Likewise if you have any spare parts take them, levers, pegs, fasteners (especially) just in case. In the dry clutch days I'd take spare plates and the associated tools to take the clutch out including holding kit, again you might not need it but better safe than sorry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information