1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm At Almeria For 4 Days

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 9, 2022.

1. Is there a rationale to FE’s bar on consumables, especially when other organisers don’t mandate such measures?

Additional fire risk?

Additional weight?

Do they sell concessions to track-side vendors?

2. No idea, but probably in response to someone taking the piss. That or Brexit.

3. Is not to do with the Carnet? Being consumables, you are likely not to return with them.

4. Just arrived back in the UK. Had a party with the organisers and riders last night. It's a bit of a tradition that has grown through the years, plenty of booze and letting hair down after a pretty intense 4 days. Every year there's an award ceremony, just a bit of fun. The categories are "best newcomer", Frankie's "endo" award, (usually for the best excursion into the gravel or pit lane drop) and "most improved rider". This year, the most improved rider was .......... me :D Icing on the cake or what ? Andy
    20220513_211613.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Right bike matched to right rider equals great times :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2 weeks to go for me. Oh and a big shout out to John Boakye who collected our bikes and took em to Thackenham and crated it up for us. Nice fella and good value.

John Boakye - PMR couriers 07495 749650

#66 bootsam, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 7 Days to go...

Fuck sake, the wait is killing me

• Like Like x 1
  8. It’s killing me too. You’ve been talking about it for about a decade :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. this
    we expect details and photos and more details. you owe it to us

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Me? No. I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law- breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

11. The best fun for me for 10x years but be careful and make sure you have good insurance, this ended my track stuff. There’s a lap of Almeria there on my channel for some decent lines may help !
    https://youtu.be/LAOTlmNWkTE

• Like Like x 1
  12. It had been raining that morning, and the white line was still damp !

13. Although I’m not planning on doing any track stuff ! I have bought this to look at
    upload_2022-5-31_2-12-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Black lad? Cheerful chatterbox? Aye, nice lad.
    Hope it’s cooled off a bit down there. Heard last week it was 40 deg C…. :sun::sun::sun::oops::astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Holy fuck man!! You must have shat yourself… I know I would have…
    Lost it on the gas? Bit damp on the paint? I was willing you to feather the back brake down the (moon surface) straight…. Easy for me I suppose.
    Great place for all the onlookers :D hope you and bike weren’t too smashed up…

16. That crash is almost identical to a blade I saw on a day at Silverstone where it came onto straight, touched paint, dropped rider and ram the whole straight on its own on the grass until going end to end into the Armco

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. Thanks for all the crash tips guys. :D

18. Just one more tip, don’t crash :upyeah: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I love Almeria. Looking forward to getting back there.
    Any tips? Try not to get dragged into sessions at night. Ibuprofen getting dished out in the morning is a common thang. Does fuck all for your hangover but it sorts out sore legs, arms, shoulders etc… :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. TBH, the biggest weakness will be my fitness. I'm 56. I'll be fine for 1 or two sessions, then my fitness, or lack of it, will slow me down alongside my lack of experience. I'm hoping my enthusiasm and adrenalin will keep me going.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information