1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm So Very Tedious.

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Nervy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I guess it doesn't have to be an R wheel but the R wheels are forged and lighter than the none R versions Drop @Freak a PM as I'm sure he looked in to it for his.

2. I have a 17" rear on my bike. I went for BST Carbon front and rear as I'm a tart :)

I am sure that there are no Pirellis that will fit a standard wheel - they must have changed to a 17" rear as well.

Ducati wanted to put a 16.5" rear on like the GP bike, but they weren't legally allowed to as people would be able to put totally unsuitable tyres on a wheel of that size (I have heard that there are tractor tyres for instance that would fit!). By going for a 16" wheel with a specially designed tyre they were able to get close to the overall size and profile of those on the GP bikes.

#23 Dave, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Thanks Mr C, that's excellent. I'll do that just now. Really appreciate all your help on this. This place is so ace.

4. That's it? Buy that wheel (does it not matter it's from a 749?), get a spacer made, move my sprocket carrier and disc over, and then I'm free to buy tyres not normally fitted to a tractor? I must be missing something. That seems almost affordable.

Yes, now that I've even typed that word, I can sense that I'm missing something. It's the catch, isn't it? That's what I'm missing. The catch is that they only fit if- say- you are kind to animals and children? This may be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. This is excellent, thank you Dave. I wish I had BST access. They're absolutely gorgeous.

6. Thanks DB!

7. Your welcome

8. Haaa haa no catch.. 749/999 wheels are the same. Not sure if your sprocket carrier will fit if not they wont be dear.

You need to drop a PM to @Freak regarding spacers.

9. i have a few i can post up! sorry...:Sorry::Sorry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. That's great news, as I don't have any of her looking grateful or satisfied.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Even after all the trouble you have gone to get her the D16rr. There's no pleasing some people!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. i have some of her looking very pleased with herself... sorry again... i cant help it

13. Exactly. That's why I don't try. No use banging your head against a brick wall, however much she likes me to do it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mate. Don't be sorry. You're saving me a fortune in de-lousing powder.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Probably no use but posting just in case

image.png

image.png

16. I don't think they'd fit, would they? They're for a single sided swing arm aren't they?

Pretty things tho. Worth the money just for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ah yes probably, sorry it was just a spur of the moment post when I saw them last night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information