1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 I'm Struggling To Find Things To Do To My Multi!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tiktokrick, Feb 25, 2019.

1. This is only a partially serious post. I have a 17k miles, 2014 1200S Multi GT, I've only covered around 1000 miles on the bike, but wow, it's as powerful as my old Honda Blackbird, but so much more responsive and capable. It's so far from what I am used to riding (vintage / chopped Harleys), that I am struggling to form any basis for comparisons.

So far I have fitted a satnav, some luggage straps for my Kriega luggage (because big panniers can be cumbersome) and have a cheap radiator guard on order (I will mod this if it's unsuitable, or buy something else). My wife and I will be riding down to Sardinia in April so would be keen to hear about any 'necessary' mods that the forum could recommend.

2. Carbon wheels!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. I don't think that's totally necessary! lol

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. The plastic plug that fills the whole in the front of the swingarm where all the crap goes in and eventually siezes your rear hub making chain adjustment impossible. Online from some chap in Germany. £12 Or so. Oh, and definitly remove the flap from the exhaust valve.

5. If your wallet is too heavy then Carbon Wheels +1

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hahaha! Have just checked the price of carbon wheels, they would cost more than the holiday! I think £2600 would go toward a Panhead motor.

7. Can’t find any reference to the plastic plug online.

I have the Termi exhaust (with cat), does this still have the exhaust flap?

8. If your going touring get the seat's sorted there very uncomfortable as standard

9. Have you thought of p/x'ing it for a Panigale? :)

10. Ducatis in general tend to suffer from lazy starting and only get worse with age, so my recommendation is to get s starting circuit cable kit from @Exige on here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's not an Enduro... ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. A company called shapeway in Germany make them. There is a link to the item in a post somewhere in this forum . Search for siezed rear hub. Worth the search. Yourre probably already flapless I'm guessing.

13. Or just put some gaffa tape over your hole. We Ducatista are generally to anal for such shoddy bodges, even if you can't see it ha.

14. I can’t see the 2 of us touring on that. Love the Panigale though. My mate has one, wow.

15. I have the GT model, so it comes with spotlights, i’ll fit the top box for touring, so that should be adequate as a backrest.

16. (whispers: and looks less gender-fluid) ;)

17. Fill it up with fuel and ride it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information