1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 I'm Struggling To Find Things To Do To My Multi!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tiktokrick, Feb 25, 2019.

1. No.1 mod - if you only have the termi end can and still have the full cat - drill that bastard exhaust flap thing out...immediately. Bypassing the mech afterwards has zero/cheap/expensive solutions all over this site. Take your pick, but mine has been fine left in situ, just clean it regularly.

Cheapish and quick: Evotech header and engine guard, but get their rad guard too to match. Oil cooler guard also maybe if you’ve got time to take front end apart before you go?

R&G Shocktube and Kriega fork tube guards if you’re going on through winters/shitty/salty roads.

Bark busters if you’re clumsy or have a tight garage.

Metzeler roadtecs.

2. Get good quality helmet communications ...bluetooth to sat nag but also she can tell you when it's time to stop for a cuppa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Loosen, copaslip, then retighten the wheel nuts. I have a rear puncture, tried most things to get the hub nut off the rear wheel so I can get a new tyre, whichever complete twat last tightened it must have swung on a bar with 4 other fat stupid tossers assisting!!!

Top box, cable upgrade, electric fuel cap thing, sat nag bracket, decent screen, screen adjuster things to reduce buffeting, pannier inner bags, stickers on the wheels, oil cooler cover, downpipe cover.

I have found, in my fairly short Ducati owning life, that it’s very easy to spend money on a Duc as everything costs more than for most other bikes.

Mick.

4. Upgrade wise, Fit monobloc calipers to the front for better stopping power. This has to be the best mod I did for 'continental' paced riding. I posted details on here some time ago, including parts required (venhill hoses etc).

Maintenance wise, take the centre stand pivot plugs out and grease them up. Theis is often overlooked as these arent usually greased as part of the service plan, and given that aluminium is softer than the plugs themselves, the frame will wear if you don't keep an eye on them. Fit new plugs if they are noticeably worn, they arent expensive.

I agree with the bluetooth headsets too. We have for ages been using an autocom wired system which has been great. Upgraded to Scala Rider Packtalk and very pleased with both performance and battery life.

5. I have to say, I find the braking excellent, though I am comparing this to a 1973 Electraglide with a single disc, single piston caliper up front and no driver aids.

New battery / starter cables - who'd have thunk it?
    Fork seal covers - good shout.
    Swingarm plug - duct tape should suffice as a stopgap. :)
    Copperslip - good tip.
    Frame pivot plugs - also a very good tip.
    Autocom - I had one of the old DIN type systems about 9-10 years ago and it was great. However, my tinnitus has worsened, so we both now use fitted ear plugs which precludes any type of BT/intercom setup.

Thanks for all the advice on this everyone, it's great to know that there are so many (reassuringly expensive) bits that can be added to my Multi.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

May I recommend both items shown here , the very useful shopping basket and the extremely stylish over suit. You`ll be the envy of the whole forum.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Fantastic - when's Red Nose Day? I may tap the forum for sponsorship for me to wear/inhabit this item.

8. with regard to custom ear plugs, these can be plugged into some/most of the bluetooth headsets. The Cardo packtalk has the usual 3.5mm socket to plug them into.

9. I have standard ear plugs that do a great job. I can still hear the Bluetooth headphones at moderate to slow speeds. Volume well up though.

10. I agree. I wear Howard Leight Max 1 ear plugs, they have a decent 37 SNR rating. With the speakers of my Sena 10U optimally positioned (certainly weren't in the standard positions in my Shoei GT Air) and the volume up a bit I can hear sat nav up to the legal limit and beyond. Can speak to my girlfriend on the back or my regular touring buddy bike-to-bike too. I accept that mounded plugs might be better than the plugs I use but do they create total audio isolation? To my mind that's not ideal anyway. On long trips Bluetooth comms have made a big difference, used to be an Autocom user too but previous bike had no room under the seat.

11. Pair of airhawk2 seating cushions. To help mitigate numbness on long stretches of motorways.

12. My mods to my 2015 DVT
    Hilltop remap
    Decat for some fun sound.
    Evotech rad/head& oil guards & crash bungs
    Healtec exhaust servo eliminator
    Airhawk cushion (handy in my 700 mile day last week)
    Puig screen visor, unsure if it's doing anything
    Removed rear footrests for cosmetics
    Ducabike rear sprocket & carrier
    ASV short levers possibly the best thing ive ever bought, my giant hands no longer get in the way.
    Abs sensor guard.
    R&G bar ends & boot guards
    Pannier liners
    Ah fookin hell my Mrs would go nuts if she knew what that all cost. I've spent all winter adding to it and not riding it!

13. I’ve got a full Arrow system on mine with The Ducee CEL eliminator and KN filter. It’s sounds awesome but was always worried about it running lean. I’ve just fitted a Rapid Bike EVO which auto adjusts the mapping no matter what bling you have fitted and also adjusts to the climate say in hot countries like Sardinia. You will get about 10 more bhp and it will be way more responsive through the Rev range. Best thing is when you sell the bike you can take it off and resell it or put it on your new bike. Dimsport will just put a new map in for you. I also have moulded ear plugs and can hear my cardo Scala fine up to 100mph. I used to get white finger but this was cured with evo tech bar ends.

14. Did you have it on a Dyno before and after to support tbe 10bhp? I had Dyno runs and had 2bhp increase, the Multistrada apparently doesn't jump a great deal in BHP after a remap however the torque was increased and available at half the revs as before.

15. No not yet just going on the 1200 engine off other bikes on the forums. I’m personally not bothered about top end figures as longs as it’s more responsive. Mine would surge a lot when at a constant speed. It’s only just been fitted and takes over 200 km to fully adjust itself

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah BHP isn't a concern for me either, the remap has smoothed my bike out and improved fuel economy by 30 miles a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hilltop were well respected by the GS1200 crowd I recall when I had mine.

18. Richie did you fit the Rapid Bike Evo yourself .

19. Yes I did. It was fiddly but doable. Hardest bit is getting off all the panels. If you’ve done this before you will find it easy. You have to lift the tank but not take off to get to two of the sensors. Also you have to remove your usb under the passenger seat so you can route the loom so the box sits under the seat. The instructions say the box fits under the tank but numerous others have said it is too tight and not to bother. Didn’t use the usb any way as I have the urban pack tank bag. To get to the front lambda sensor you have to unclip that black box type thing. The bracket that holds it it also in the way so you take out the bottom nut but only loosen top but as you will start to lose coolant. All in about 5 hours not rushing and being ultra careful

Do Not Sell My Personal Information