1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Immobilizer Activated After Changing Battery

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dennis T., Nov 21, 2017.

1. Ive been looking for a clean "S" with decent mileage for a while now and I stumbled upon a 04 with under 4K on the clock.
    Its a clean bike with no damage and its been garage kept, it also has a full term exhaust

The owner installed a new battery and now the bike won't start. it powers on but is requiring a code for the immobilizer. The bike has all three keys (including the red one)
    Has anyone run into this?
    I believe Rexxer eliminates the immobilizer as an option on the ECU Flashes...

2. My 04 has a procedure ,something to do with ignition key and immobiliser fob . Will look it up .It may be nothing do do with it but ..... you may find some help here
    https://bikealarmman.com/?p=downloads

#2 chase, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  3. I looked through the info on that website and it appears to be equipment that would be installed after the fact. The error he was having was with the factory immobilizer. Anyway its moot now. I was trying to buy the bike and had made arrangements to meet and do the deal, and then I got a message that the bike was sold. so... I missed it. Oh well... Ill continue my quest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information