1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impact Wrench

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Expat Jack, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Place is like Steptoe's yard, bit's of neighbours pick-ups everywhere o_O I'm gonna hve to tell 'em to fekkin clear up :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bought this bad boy after too many beers but no regrets as it's spun off every thing so far

20191102_124512.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. First use of the Clarke-a-like on the 748 today. Span the rear wheel nut off in a flash. And, only a slight aroma of electrical burning. Yeah.

• Like Like x 5
  4. if that was literally first time in anger, was probably only the brushes bedding in. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yup, a bit like the old scalextric smell :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I know it well ..... but like Chris says , I reckon it's just some arcing ,
    while the brushes get nicely run in .

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it .....
    ( you're not using it in bed are you ? )

...... :)

#87 oldtech, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. No, thankfully my nuts are loose enough in bed.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Got this from Lidl last weekend :)
    £40

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. Can it undo a rear wheel nut?

10. The Moss one can, easy peasey. :D

11. Its 550w compared to the other impacts of 1000w, but don't use these tools for work, but think it will do.

12. If the specification is correct then yes. The tool is 500 Nm, typically a multi Strada rear wheel nut is around 230 Nm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I need to get a 46mm socket for the rear of my 748, does it have to an impact socket (as they all seem to be black) or a regular one will be ok ?

14. If using an impact wrench get the black impact one - the shiny ones can break with an impact wrench :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. You really should use a proper impact socket as I imagine shattered socket shrapnel could cause a nasty graze. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. The Laser ones are pretty good. I’d get a 41mm as well for the sprocket side.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information