1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In The Spirit Of Imparting Useless Information

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wasted Time Lord, Sep 10, 2021.

1. But I can hardly not share this:
    My only surviving aunt and uncle live in Tanworth-in-Arden, which certainly some of you will be aware is the village where Mike Hailwood lived.
    Not that I met the guy, he was dead by the first time I visited.

(I'm supposed to be dropping in on them soon, weather permitting. I thought I'd ride the Clover leaf interchange. Ooh! The sun's peeking out!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. continuing with the theme, Phil Read walked past me once in an F3 workshop in Byfleet years ago. He was delivering bits for the proprietor who has since passed away (Phil still going, in Canterbury).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. We were fortunate enough to watch the epic 1967 battle between Hailwood and Agostini from the bungalow, exciting and atmospheric don't do the race justice!:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I once went to a place where some famous people must have been too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. i'm told the night is dark and they're not making lamposts any longer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My old man was there

7. I once used the same toilet that George Michael got caught Cottaging.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I walked past the photo shop he crashed his Chelsea tractor into!

If I'd known, I would have hung around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I had a Barry Sheen replica lid in the early 80’s.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Double D chin strap obvs.

11. It still comes in for lots of mickey-taking, mostly of the light-hearted type, but sometimes of the cynically sinister type, because it's virtually the Mecca for motorcyclists in the south of England, and they come in every shape and size. It's near Dorking and if you have a Google it will come up easily - Cafe is called Ryka's.

12. And I used to have a friends with benefits thing going on with a young lady who lived in a flat above the shop he crashed his 4x4 into. Small world, eh!

13. Witness or complainant? :D

14. Or accomplice?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I was once kissed/snogged by Kelly Llorenna, the vocalist from the band N-Trance. This was back in the early 90’s just after they had released their first song “Set you Free” At the time I had no idea who she was until she told me, and even then I wasn’t sure if I believed her, but I had actually heard the song and liked it so complimented her on it to which she then promptly tried to suck my face off:p To be honest it was a bit sudden and unexpected and I didn’t really find her all that attractive, but through the corner of my eye I could see all my mates with their jaws on the floor so I puckered up and made the most of it.:yum That’s one for the grandkids me thinks!.

• Like Like x 3
  16. This thread is turning into a saucy version of Viz’s Lame to Fame section.

In the spirit of that change of direction, I’ll add that I also had a brief liaison about 7 years ago with a former member of a 90s/00s RnB girl group, but I’m too much of a gentleman to name her on a public forum. ;)

17. Could you not just give us a few bars from their biggest hit, or even you post a YouTube clip on the ‘what are you listening to thread’? You’re not actually naming her but only the whole band, we could then have a spot who Zhed pumped from a highly acclaimed band. Was it Beyoncé?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I shagged the then south african ambassadors daughter in the shop front of selfridges after a night out at The Underground Camden. I even walked her home to a huge posh gaff on edgeware rd and then subsequently avoided her calls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Just googled her. Nice work, I'd have been in like Flynn :yum Early nineties you say? I was off my face half the time, whizz and E's. Grrreat days!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. I could imagine her being described as a Poundshop Beyonce. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information